Munchlax is a Normal type baby Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves into Snorlax when leveled up with high friendship. It was the first Generation IV Pokemon to be revealed to the public, in May 2004. Take a look below for 28 awesome and interesting facts about Munchlax.
1. Munchlax is a teal Pokemon with a cream spot on its chest.
2. Its round head is teal in the top half and cream on the bottom half.
3. It has big, round eyes and large pointy ears.
4. It has five-fingered hands and cream feet with three clawed toes.
5. The fur close to the bottom of a Munchlax seems to resemble a dress.
6. Munchlax has two pointy teeth that stick out of its mouth even if closed.
7. It is a hyperactive Pokémon.
8. It does not mind walking and running from place to place as it looks for food, but it is usually very slow moving.
9. Munchlax tends to store food in its long fur, although it sometimes forgets about its hidden food.
10. Its stomach allows it to eat nearly anything, even rotten food, and is indifferent to flavor.
11. It can also eat many servings of food at a time without chewing, and rarely gets full.
12. It eats the most food of any Pokémon besides its evolution, Snorlax.
13. Munchlax, along with Shuckle and Pyukumuku, has the lowest base Speed stat of all Pokémon.
14. Munchlax has the highest base stat total of all baby Pokémon.
15. Munchlax’s English name was first revealed on October 9, 2004.
16. Munchlax appeared in three games before its generation: Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, and Pokémon Dash.
17. Munchlax is the heaviest baby Pokémon, weighing in at 231.5 lbs. (105.0 kg).
18. Munchlax’s index number is the very last in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness (excluding Unown forms).
19. Munchlax’s evolution family is the only one to have all of its members appear from a Poké Ball within a single Super Smash Bros. game.
20. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Munchlax’s trophy information states it first appeared in Diamond and Pearl instead of Pokémon Dash. This is a similar case with Bonsly and Togepi.
21. Munchlax has the highest HP of all unevolved Pokémon.
22. Munchlax is most likely based on a baby bear. Its eating habits correspond to those of bears preparing to hibernate, including the consumption of honey (Munchlax is found in honey-slathered trees). Its mask-like face and movepool evoke a larcenous character — perhaps a burglar.
23. Munchlax is a combination of munch (to chew on food) and lax or relax.
24. May owns a Munchlax, which she decided to catch in Berry, Berry Interesting after seeing how much it liked her Pokéblocks. Munchlax made its stage debut in Harley Rides Again, where it was used in the Battle Stage of the Wisteria Contest.
25. Munchlax debuted in Destiny Deoxys, where it played a supporting role as the movie’s comic relief, and made it the first Generation IV Pokémon to appear in the anime. It eventually evolved into a Snorlax in order to stay afloat in the Block Bot flood.
26. A Munchlax appeared in A Full Course Tag Battle!, under the ownership of Kylie. It was used alongside Roman’s Snorlax in a Tag Battle against Ash’s Pikachu and Brock’s Sudowoodo. It was quickly defeated by Sudowoodo’s Double-Edge.
27. A Munchlax appeared in A Dream Encounter!, under the ownership of Professor Burnet, in a video advertising Professor Burnet at the fifteenth annual recipient of the Alola Lady award. It has since made further appearances in the Sun & Moon series.
28. A silhouette of a Trainer’s Munchlax appeared in Throwing the Track Switch, where it was traded for another Trainer’s Ponyta.