Togepi is a Fairy type baby Pokemon introduced in Generation II. Prior to Generation VI, it was a Normal type Pokemon. It evolves into Togetic when leveled up with high friendship, which evolves into Togekiss when exposed to a Shiny Stone. Take a look below for 26 amazing and interesting facts about Togepi.
1. Togepi is a small, light yellow Pokemon with a round body that is still encased in its eggshell.
2. Togepi does not shed its shell.
3. The Egg has red and blue shapes on it.
4. Togepi has stubby hands and round feet with two toes each.
5. Togepi has black eyes and five spikes on its head that seem to form a crown.
6. It also has semi-oval, brown pads on the soles of its feet.
7. Togepi is able to release poison from the spikes on its head.
8. The anime has shown that it can retract into its shell, which it usually does to sleep.
9. It is able to siphon the positive energy of others, and then release it to those in need of it.
10. It has a very joyful nature. As a result, it is said that it shares its joy with those who take care of it.
11. Because of its disposition, Togepi is seen as a sign of good luck, especially if a Trainer is capable of getting a sleeping Togepi to stand.
12. It is also shown in the anime that Togepi can act very maliciously at times, causing havoc and bad luck to its enemies.
13. Although it is rare in the wild, Togepi can most commonly be found living within the forests.
14. Togepi is the second Generation II Pokémon (after Ho-Oh) to appear in the Kanto saga of the anime. It is also the first future generation Pokémon with a known name at the time of its appearance to appear in the anime.
15. The Togepi that hatched from the Egg from Mr. Pokémon in HeartGold and SoulSilver knows Extrasensory, a move normally only available as an Egg Move.
16. While baby Pokémon are often revealed before the generation they debut in, Togepi is so far the only such Pokémon to be revealed before its evolved form.
17. On the DVD scene selection screen from Mewtwo Strikes Back, Togepi is listed as Pokémon #152.
18. In Pokémon Rumble Blast, when Togepi is attacking, it makes a different cry than its usual one that is heard.
19. Togepi is tied with Marill and Azurill for having the lowest base Attack of all Fairy-type Pokémon.
20. Togepi appears to be based on the concept of a baby hatchling of any of a number of species of animals. It could also possibly be based on an egg, with its evolved forms based loosely on birds.
21. Togepi and Togepy may be a combination of toge (spike) and piyopiyo (onomatopoeia for a bird chirping).
22. In Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon, Ash found a Pokémon Egg. It hatched into a Togepi in Who Gets to Keep Togepi?, and since Misty was the first thing the baby Pokémon saw, it believed Misty to be its mother. Since then, Togepi has always been seen under the care of Misty.
23. At the end of A Togepi Mirage!, Princess Sara found the Togepi of Legend, and Misty left her Togepi, which had just evolved to Togetic, in the Mirage Kingdom to guard other Togepi in the Togepi Paradise.
24. Multiple Togepi appeared in A Togepi Mirage!, where they were seen living in the Togepi Paradise. Princess Sara caught one of them when it stayed behind while the others returned to their home.
25. An unusually bratty female Togepi appeared in Where No Togepi Has Gone Before!. She used her cute qualities to manipulate people so she could cause mischief.
26. A Togepi appeared in The Power of Us, where it was among the Pokémon following Harriet around.