Glaceon is an Ice type Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves from Eevee when it is leveled up near an Ice Rock, from Generation IV to VII, or exposed to an Ice Stone, in Generation VIII. It is one of Eevee’s final forms, the others being Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Sylveon. Take a look below for 30 fun and fascinating facts about Glaceon.
1. Glaceon is a quadruped, mammalian creature covered in light blue fur that can be frozen into sharp quills.
2. It has long, pointed ears, dark eyes, and a small nose.
3. A teal crest with two dangling flaps adorn its head, resembling hair or headgear.
4. Glaceon has two dark blue, rhombus-shaped markings on its back; the tip of its tail, feet, and flaps are the same shade of blue.
5. This Pokémon is able to create small ice crystals around it by controlling its body temperature.
6. It is capable of freezing its fur into sharp needle-like icicles, used to tackle its prey.
7. It can drop its body temperature below -75 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Glaceon is usually found in urban areas under the care of humans.
9. It is rarely found in the wild.
10. Glaceon’s Japanese name is the same as the English name of a member of the Hoenn Elite Four.
11. According to the Diamond and Pearl Pokédex, Glaceon, Leafeon, and Umbreon have identical footprints.
12. As there is no Ice Rock in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, it is impossible to evolve Eevee into a Glaceon in these games. The same applies for Magnezone, Probopass, and Leafeon. All have to be traded from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum to be obtained.
13. Despite Eevee being obtainable before the Pokémon League in Pokémon Black and White Versions 2, it cannot evolve into Glaceon until after the Elite Four is defeated. The same applies with Leafeon.
14. Glaceon shares its category with Vanillite. They are both known as the Fresh Snow Pokémon.
15. Glaceon was designed by Atsuko Nishida.
16. Glaceon is tied with Espeon for the highest base Special Attack stat of all Eeveelutions.
17. Glaceon has the lowest base Attack stat of all Eeveelutions, and is tied with Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, and Leafeon for the lowest base HP stat of all Eeveelutions.
19. It may be more closely based on an arctic fox, due to their habitat. Assuming Leafeon draws inspiration from Siamese or other colorpoint cats, Glaceon may also draw some inspiration from them (especially blue points). Its “hair” resembles an ushanka or a scarf hat.
20. Glaceon is a combination of glace (French for ice) or glacier (a large, slow moving mass of ice on land) and eon (an immeasurably long period of time, possibly referring to how long evolution takes naturally). Eon is a suffix all Eevee evolutions share and was Eevee’s English prototype name. Its name may also be an anagram of the English word congeal (meaning to freeze).
21. Glaceon debuted in A Full Course Tag Battle!, where it was revealed that May’s Eevee evolved into it prior to the episode’s events. It was used to battle Dawn’s Piplup in the Battle Stage of the Wallace Cup in Strategy With A Smile!.
22. A Glaceon appeared in All for the Love of Meloetta!, under the ownership of Cynthia. It was used to make some ice for Meloetta.
23. A male Glaceon debuted in Team Eevee and the Pokémon Rescue Squad!, along with an Eevee and her other evolved forms at the time, under the ownership of Virgil. He reappeared in a flashback in the next episode. In Lost at the League!, he defeated a Reuniclus during the third round of the Vertress Conference.
24. A Glaceon appeared in Eevee & Friends along with an Eevee and its evolved forms, including the newly introduced Sylveon. It has an artistic personality and decorates its room with elaborate ice sculptures.
25. A wild Glaceon appeared in Turning Heads and Training Hard!, where it was summoned to help Ilima’s Eevee perform Extreme Evoboost. It reappeared in the Poké Problem segment of the next episode, where it saw Ilima and Eevee off.
26. A Trainer’s Glaceon made a cameo in A Lean Mean Team Rocket Machine!.
27. A Glaceon made a brief cameo appearance in the opening sequence of Giratina and the Sky Warrior together with an Eevee and the other six Eeveelutions at the time.
28. A Glaceon appeared in PK19 as a resident of an icy island.
29. A Glaceon appeared in Sliding Into Seventh!.
30. A Glaceon appeared in A Marathon Rivalry!, under the ownership of a competitor in the Pokéathlon held in Camellia Town.