Jolteon is an Electric type Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Eevee when exposed to a Thunder Stone. It is one of Eevee’s final forms, the others being Vaporeon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon. Take a look below for 25 amazing and fun facts about Jolteon.
1. Jolteon is a quadruped, mammalian Pokemon.
2. It is covered in yellow fur with a spiky fringe around its tail and a white ruff around its neck.
3. Its ears are large and pointed with black interiors, and its eyes and small nose are black.
4. It has slender legs and small paws, each with three toes and a pink paw pad.
5. Jolteon’s prickly fur is made of electrically charged needles and generates negatively charged ions, which create a sparking noise as it moves.
6. It also has an electricity generating organ in its lungs.
7. The static electricity in its fur amplifies the low-level electricity generated by its cells and allow it to discharge 10,000-volt lightning bolts.
8. This Pokémon is most often found in cities and towns under the ownership of Trainers. However, its high-strung nature and tendency toward mood swings can make it difficult to train.
9. Jolteon shares its category name with Electrike. They are both known as the Lightning Pokémon.
10. Jolteon and Zapdos’s Japanese names are almost exactly the same as each other’s, with a final s being the only difference.
11. Jolteon was designed by Motofumi Fujiwara.
13. It is also feline-like; its extremely high speed resembles that of a cheetah‘s.
14. It may also be inspired by the raijū, a beast from Japanese mythology whose body is made of lightning, and may take the form of a cat.
15. Jolteon is a combination of jolt and eon (an immeasurably long period of time, possibly referring to how long evolution takes naturally). Eon is a suffix all Eevee evolutions share and was Eevee’s English prototype name.
16. Jolteon debuted in The Battling Eevee Brothers, under the ownership of Sparky. It was targeted in one of Team Rocket’s schemes.
17. A Jolteon appeared in The Ultimate Test, where Ash battled it during the Pokémon League entrance exam.
18. A Jolteon appeared in Get Along, Little Pokémon, under the ownership of Ethan. He used it as a “sheep dog” of sorts. Whenever any of Ethan’s Magnemite tried to escape, Jolteon would use Thunder Wave to lure them back.
19. A Jolteon appeared in Trouble’s Brewing and Espeon, Not Included, under the ownership of Satsuki, one of the Kimono Sisters. It battled Pikachu and ultimately lost after being hit with Pikachu’s Thunder attack.
20. A Jolteon appeared in The Eighth Wonder of the Sinnoh World!, under the ownership of Volkner. He used it during his Gym battle with Ash. It was defeated by Infernape.
21. A male Jolteon appeared in Team Eevee and the Pokémon Rescue Squad!, along with an Eevee and her other evolutions at the time, under the ownership of Virgil. He was used to handle some Cryogonal and power up a generator. He reappeared in a flashback in the next episode.
22. A Jolteon appeared in Eevee & Friends with an Eevee and its other evolutions, including the newly introduced Sylveon. It has an affectionate personality and tends to shock those it hugs.
23. A Jolteon appeared in Mystery on a Deserted Island!, where it evolved from one of three Eevee with a Thunder Stone found on the Deserted Island.
24. A wild Jolteon appeared in Turning Heads and Training Hard!, where it was summoned to help Ilima’s Eevee perform Extreme Evoboost. It reappeared in the Poké Problem segment of the next episode, where it saw Ilima and Eevee off.
25. A Jolteon appeared in Pikachu Re-Volts, where it was among the Pokémon controlled by Cassidy and Butch at Mandarin Island North, alongside a Vaporeon and Flareon.