Okanogan is a city in Okanogan County, Washington, United States. Take a look below for 10 fun and awesome facts about Okanogan, Washington, United States.
1. The population was 2,552 at the 2010 census, within the Greater Omak Area.
2. It is the seat of Okanogan County.
3. Okanogan was officially incorporated on October 29, 1907.
4. Okanogan is located at 48°22′0″N 119°34′52″W (48.366694, −119.581139).
5. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.00 square miles (5.18 km2), of which, 1.95 square miles (5.05 km2) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) is water.
6. The town is located along the Okanogan River.
7. Okanogan has one Sister City, according to the Washington State Lt. Governor’s list of Washington Sister Cities.
8. As of the census of 2010, there were 2,552 people, 983 households, and 619 families living in the city. The population density was 1,308.7 inhabitants per square mile (505.3/km2). There were 1,051 housing units at an average density of 539.0 per square mile (208.1/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 79.8% White, 0.5% African American, 7.9% Native American, 0.4% Asian, 0.2% Pacific Islander, 6.4% from other races, and 4.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 14.1% of the population.
9. There were 983 households, of which 32.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 40.6% were married couples living together, 15.8% had a female householder with no husband present, 6.6% had a male householder with no wife present, and 37.0% were non-families. 30.1% of all households were made up of individuals, and 11.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.39 and the average family size was 2.91.
10. The median age in the city was 37.7 years. 24.2% of residents were under the age of 18; 10.1% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 24.3% were from 25 to 44; 26.6% were from 45 to 64; and 14.9% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 50.7% male and 49.3% female.