Flareon is a Fire type Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Eevee when exposed to a Fire Stone. It is one of Eevee’s final forms, the others being Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon. Take a look below for 25 fun and interesting facts about Flareon.
1. Flareon is a mammalian, quadruped Pokemon covered in short, reddish orange fur.
2. It has long ears with black interiors, dark eyes, and a small black nose.
3. There are three small toes and a yellow paw pad on each foot.
4. Fluffy yellow fur forms a small tuft on its head, as well as its bushy tail and a mane around its chest and neck.
5. It will fluff out its collar to cool down its high body temperature.
6. This high temperature is caused by its internal flame sac.
7. Flareon stores and heats inhaled air in this sac, and then exhales it as fire.
8. It is an omnivore that roasts either Berries or prey before consumption.
9. Flareon is mostly found in populated areas and is rarely seen in the wilderness.
10. Flareon shares its category name with Charmeleon, Charizard, Moltres, and Infernape. They are all known as the Flame Pokémon.
11. Flareon was designed by Motofumi Fujiwara.
12. Flareon is most likely based on foxes, due to its body shape and orange coloration, but it also has traits of felines.
13. The fluffy mane and tail resemble that of a Pomeranian and a lion.
14. Flareon is a combination of flare and eon (an immeasurably long period of time, possibly referring to how long evolution takes naturally). Eon is a suffix all Eevee evolutions share and was Eevee’s English prototype name.
15. Flareon debuted in The Battling Eevee Brothers, under the ownership of Pyro. It was targeted in one of Team Rocket’s schemes.
16. A Flareon appeared in The Ultimate Test, where Ash battled it during the Pokémon League entrance exam.
17. A Flareon appeared in Trouble’s Brewing and Espeon, Not Included, under the ownership of Koume, one of the Kimono Sisters. It was seen when Team Rocket disrupted the Kimono Sisters’ tea ceremony.
18. A Flareon appeared in Some Like it Hot, under the ownership of Egan. It was used in Egan’s pursuit to catch a Magcargo. Flareon was initially unsuccessful, but after Egan applied Misty’s strategies, it was able to defeat a giant Magcargo that Egan caught.
19. A Flareon debuted in A Fan with a Plan, under the ownership of Savannah. It was used in the first round of the Rubello Town Pokémon Contest in Cruisin’ for a Losin’.
20. A Flareon appeared in Last Call — First Round!, under the ownership of Ursula. It evolved from Eevee during the Performance Stage of the Sinnoh Grand Festival. It reappeared in Opposites Interact!, where it was used along with Gabite in a two-on-two Contest Battle against Dawn; it went up against Pachirisu and Mamoswine.
21. A male Flareon debuted in Team Eevee and the Pokémon Rescue Squad!, along with an Eevee and her other evolutions at the time, under the ownership of Virgil. He reappeared in a flashback in the next episode. Flareon physically reappeared in A Unova League Evolution!, where he battled Cameron’s Lucario during the semifinals of the Vertress Conference, and ultimately won.
22. A Flareon appeared in Mystery on a Deserted Island!, where it evolved from one of three Eevee with a Fire Stone found on the Deserted Island.
23. A Flareon appeared in Eevee & Friends with an Eevee and its other evolutions, including the newly introduced Sylveon. It has a shy personality and tends to raise the temperature considerably as a defense mechanism.
24. A wild Flareon appeared in Turning Heads and Training Hard!, where it was summoned to help Ilima’s Eevee perform Extreme Evoboost. It reappeared in the Poké Problem segment of the next episode, where it saw Ilima and Eevee off.
25. A Trainer’s Flareon appeared in Bad to the Bone.