Eevee is a Normal type Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves into one of eight different Pokemon through various methods. It also has a Gigantamax form. Eevee is the game mascot and starter Pokemon in Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, as well as for the main characters of Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and Pokemon Conquest. It is also the rival’s starter Pokemon in Pokemon Yellow, although Professor Oak originally intended to give it to the player. Take a look below for 32 fun and fascinating facts about Eevee.
1. Eevee is a mammalian, quadruped Pokemon with primarily brown fur.
2. The tip of its bushy tail and its large furry collar are cream-colored.
3. It has short, slender legs with three small toes and a pink paw pad on each foot.
4. Eevee has brown eyes, long pointed ears with dark brown interiors, and a small black nose.
5. Eevee is rarely found in the wild and is mostly only found in cities and towns. However, Eevee is said to have an irregularly shaped genetic structure that is easily influenced by its environment.
6. This allows it to adapt to a variety of habitats by evolving.
7. Eevee is the only known Pokémon capable of using the exclusive Z-Move Extreme Evoboost.
8. In Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, the player starts with a special Eevee known as a Partner Eevee.
9. The Partner Eevee has purple eyes and a lighter shade of fur.
10. These design elements likely taken from the anime, which implemented similar traits starting in the Advanced Generation series.
11. The marking on the tip of a female Partner Eevee is heart-shaped.
12. This trait is unique and is not found on other female Eevee.
13. Partner Eevee has higher base stats and access to moves that normal Eevee do not.
14. Partner Eevee is the only Pokémon capable of performing Bouncy Bubble, Buzzy Buzz, Sizzly Slide, Glitzy Glow, Baddy Bad, Sappy Seed, Freezy Frost, Sparkly Swirl, and the Partner Power, Veevee Volley.
15. As Gigantamax Eevee, it has become larger and more fluffy. The fur collar becomes longer with several triangular furs pointing straight up.
16. The right ear has three red clouds surrounding it like a circle.
17. Due to the fur becoming fluffier and luxurious, any enemies caught in it will lose the will to fight due to being enamored by its presence.
18. Due to Gigantamaxing, Eevee becomes even more playful and rambunctious, desiring to play with its opponent and often unintentionally crushing them with its size.
19. Gigantamax Eevee is the only known Pokémon capable of using the exclusive G-Max Move G-Max Cuddle.
20. Eevee’s English name is a palindrome.
21. Eevee’s English name also contains only two unique letters, less than any other Pokémon’s English name.
22. Eevee was designed by Motofumi Fujiwara.
23. Eevee has the most branched evolutions with a total of eight.
24. Eevee has the most evolved forms of any Pokémon and is the only Pokémon that has more than three evolved forms.
25. The fan-made term to describe the evolutions of Eevee, Eeveelutions, was made official after its use in the strategy guide for Pokémon Stadium 2, followed by a TCG Theme Deck.
26. In early English promotional material for Pokémon Red and Blue, Eevee was called “Eon”, the suffix of all of the evolved forms of Eevee.
27. In Generation I, Eevee is the only Pokémon to have a branched evolution.
28. It is impossible for Eevee to evolve into Espeon and Umbreon in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen because the games lack a time system. It is also impossible for it to evolve into Leafeon and Glaceon in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver since neither Johto nor Kanto has a Moss Rock or an Ice Rock.
29. Despite Eevee being obtainable before the Pokémon League in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, it cannot evolve into Leafeon or Glaceon until after entering the Hall of Fame. This is because Twist Mountain and Pinwheel Forest are inaccessible before then.
30. Eevee is the only pre-existing Pokémon to receive an evolution in Generation VI, though many received Mega Evolutions.
31. In Pokémon Ranger, all of Eevee’s evolved forms up to the third generation can be captured; however, Eevee is completely unobtainable. This was changed in Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia.
32. Despite the fact that May, Gary, and Sakura each owned an Eevee that went on to evolve, Eevee was never seen evolving onscreen in the anime until Last Call — First Round!, when Ursula evolved her two Eevee into Flareon and Vaporeon during a Contest appeal, over thirteen years into the anime.