Infernape is a dual type Fire and Fighting Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves form Monferno starting at level 36. It is the final form of Chimchar. Take a look below for 21 fascinating and interesting facts about Infernape.
1. Infernape is a bipedal, primate like Pokemon that is primarily reddish brown with sections of white fur on its chest, head and lower legs.
2. Several gold markings adorn its body: swirled, circular ones on its knees and shoulders flame-shaped ones on the back of its hands, and a stripe around its back that forms two swirls on its chest.
3. On top of its head is a large flame, which is never extinguished.
4. Infernape has an orange, rounded muzzle, long, round ears with blue inside, and a red ridge over its eyes.
5. The eyes themselves are blue with yellow sclerae.
6. There are five blue digits on both its feet and hands, and it has a long tail.
7. This quick Pokémon practices a unique kind of martial art that involves all of its limbs.
8. This style uses fiery punches and kicks as well.
10. Infernape is based on a monkey. The gold elements in its design as well as its Japanese name are most likely linked to Son Goku, the Japanese interpretation of the character Sun Wukong. Sun Wukong is the main character in the Chinese epic Journey to the West and is a monkey with powerful abilities.
11. It is also similar to the Vanara, a race of ape-like humanoids in the Hindu epic Ramayana, specifically Hanuman, who was granted immunity to fire. Hanuman is also believed to have influenced Sun Wukong. It is most likely based on Monkey Kung Fu.
12. Infernape is a combination of inferno and ape.
13. Infernape made its main series debut in Fighting Ire With Fire!, when Ash’s Monferno evolved into it while saving Ash’s Pikachu, Dawn’s Piplup, Paul’s Electabuzz, and Barry’s Empoleon from Team Rocket’s falling mecha.
14. Flint’s Infernape debuted in Flint Sparks the Fire!. It then reappeared in Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port! and Memories are Made of Bliss!.
15. Infernape debuted in The Rise of Darkrai, under the ownership of Allegra. It battled against Brock’s Croagunk, and alongside Maury’s Torterra and Kai’s Empoleon to stop the consequences of Dialga and Palkia’s battle. It was later used in the Alamos Town Pokémon Contest, where it helped Allegra win a Ribbon.
16. Flint’s Infernape briefly appeared in the Pokémon Masters Animated Trailer. Alongside Skyla’s Swanna and Acerola’s Palossand, it battled Bettie’s Pikachu, Iris’s Haxorus, and Barry’s Piplup, but the outcome of the battle was left unknown.
17. Yū Shirogane has an Infernape, which he received as a Chimchar.
18. In Stunning Staravia & Stinky Skuntank II, Pearl’s Monferno, Chimler, evolved into an Infernape in Veilstone City alongside Diamond’s Tru.
19. Infernape is the final form of Mitsumi’s starter Pokémon, Chimchar. It made its debut in Beauty Contest: The Pokémon Super Contest!!, where it represented its Trainer in a Beauty Contest.
20. An Infernape appeared in The Blue Scroll: Mitsunari, Kiyomasa, and Masanori, under the ownership of Hideyoshi.
21. Infernape appears in the background in the Kalos Pokémon League stage. It appears in the Blazing Chamber along with other Fire-type Pokémon, namely Tepig, Blaziken, and Pyroar.