Deadpool, or Wade Winston Wilson, is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. He was created by writer Fabian Nicieza and artist Rob Liefeld. Initially, Deadpool was depicted as a supervillain when he made his first appearance in The New Mutants and later issues of X-Force, but later evolved into his more recognizable antiheroic persona.
1. Deadpool, whose real name is Wade Wilson, is a disfigured and deeply disturbed mercenary and assassin with the superhuman ability of an accelerated healing factor and physical prowess.
2. He’s often known as the “Merc with a Mouth” because of his tendency to joke constantly, including his proclivity for breaking the fourth wall, which is a literary device used by writers for humorous effect and running gags.
3. While fighting Daredevil, Deadpool once tried to trick him by throwing an iPod with a piece of tape at him. Deadpool told Daredevil that it was an Interspatial Distorter that would send him to Dimension X.
4. At the risk of being rude, Deadpool will often shoot himself in the middle of a boring conversation.
5. Deadpool is one of the only male Avengers that Jarvis doesn’t call “sir.” Deadpool told Jarvis not to call him “sir” so Jarvis responded with, “Very well, my dope-ass fresh prince.” Deadpool responded with, “Damn straight.”
6. Deadpool has had a satchel that would supply him with unlimited weapons. Later, it would be known as his “magic satchel”. This also has been referred to as “Felix the Cat’s magic bag.”
7. Deadpool’s healing factor is much more powerful than that of Wolverine or the Hulk. While he can survive a nuclear blast, which Wolverine and Hulk have also done, Deadpool can reattach his head after being decapitated, survive in the vacuum of space, and claims he can live through being thrown into a massive supernova.
8. Ryan Reynolds has said that there are over one hundred references throughout the entire Deadpool movie, including Easter eggs, pop-culture references, cameos, and direct hits at other Marvel movies.
9. Ryan Reynolds describes Deadpool’s ability to breaking the fourth wall as a reflection of his wit. Reynolds has said, “He’s funny and acerbic and a little bit of a head case. But’s he’s also not trying to be liked, he’s intentionally trying to annoy everyone.”
10. Ghost Rider can’t judge if Deadpool is guilty or not. When Ghost Rider used his Penance Stare on Deadpool, he saw everything that happened to him, which caused Ghost Rider to revert back to Johnny Blaze.
11. Deadpool and Harley Quinn are the most popular pair to be written into comic book fan-fiction cross-overs. Their insanity is seen by many to be more well matched than that of The Joker and Harley.
12. Deadpool’s father use to come home every day and tell a corny joke to his son. One day, Wade waited for him at the door but he never came back, which broke Wade’s heart. When he grew up, Deadpool found his dad, knocked on the door like his dad used to, told him a joke and then showed him what happened to him.
13. Deadpool can not only survive through nuclear explosions, re-emerge after being burnt to ash, and survive being beheaded, he also regularly donates internal organs to those in need, which immediately regenerate.
14. Ryan Reynolds was allowed to keep his Deadpool costume after filming had completed.
15. Deadpool once served as a herald for Galactus. However, he annoyed Galactus into submission, even when the Fantastic 4 failed to do so.
16. Deadpool is regarded as one of the singular most gifted martial artists in the Marvel Universe; to the point that he has, on at least one occasion, been paid off by an opponent because they compared trying to fight him as being tantamount to suicide.
17. Deadpool was once cursed by Loki to look like Tom Cruise.
18. Deadpool once drove Venom insane and made him leave his host.
19. He once had a crush on Spider-Man, but the feeling wasn’t mutual.
20. His healing factor is designed to cooperate with his cancer. If anybody other than Deadpool had his healing factor, then they would eventually explode due to the rapid production of new redundant cells.
21. Deadpool once formed a team with versions of himself from alternate realities. this included a beheaded zombie Deadpool, a lady Deadpool, a kid Deadpool and a dog Deadpool.
22. Whenever Peter Parker isn’t home for one of Deadpool’s random visits, Wade will do one of Peter’s chores and leave a little note signed, “your friendly household, Merc with a Mouth.”
23. He has the ability to foresee events occasionally, but because of his state of mind, he often forgets them.
24. Even though Deadpool and Thanos never met, Thanos considers him to be a rival because he knows Death prefers Deadpool’s love over his.
25. Deadpool can live in the vacuum of space without a space suit, but he wears one anyway because he claims that it makes him look cool.
26. Deadpool once killed a man just because he believed that the Star Wars prequels were better than the original trilogy.
27. The Deadpool movie’s working title was “Wham!”, named after George Michael’s former group. Wham’s album, Make It Big, and George Michael’s solo song, “Careless Whisper,” appeared in the movie.
28. Deadpool has a sidekick. Bog, agent of Hydra, joined Hydra for a steady job and dental plan. He has no superpowers or combat training and Deadpool brings him on dangerous missions for his own amusement.
Pingback:February 17, 2018 at 6:35 pm
Pingback:February 24, 2018 at 3:31 pm
Pingback:April 7, 2018 at 1:55 pm