The Hulk is a superhero that appears in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. He was created by writer Stan Lee and artist Jack Kirby. He first appeared in the debut issue of The Incredible Hulk. In his comic book and movie appearances, the Hulk is a green-skinned, hulking and muscular humanoid that possesses a vast degree of physical strength, while his alter ego, Bruce Banner, is a physically weak, socially withdrawn, and emotionally reserved physicist. The two personalities exist in one body and they’re both independent, resenting each other. Take a look below for 32 more fun and interesting facts about The Hulk.
1. The Hulk once unleashed all of his power and destroyed a planet with a single punch.
2. He has fought everyone in the Marvel Universe and most of the characters in the DC Universe as well.
3. The Hulk was inspired by a real woman who lifted a car to save her baby. According to the creator, Jack Kirby, “This woman proved to me that the ordinary person in desperate circumstances can transcend himself and do things that he wouldn’t ordinarily do.”
4. He has been married 3 times and has 4 children.
5. Berserker Wolverine once gutted Hulk until he was sure that Hulk was dead. As Wolverine started to walk away, Hulk slowly got up, already healing from the extreme wounds.
6. In one of the most depressing comic book stories, Dr. Bruce Banner is the sole survivor of a nuclear war. His mutation not only allows him to survive the death of humanity, but it also curses him to wander a dead Earth forever.
7. The Hulk once warned She-Hulk to leave, but she stood her ground. After she lands a punch squarely on his face, the Hulk smashes her into the ground, creating a crater around her body. As he moves on to his next confrontation, all Jennifer can say is, “God help us all.”
8. The Hulk is able to see ghosts. This makes him one of only a few characters able to see Doctor Strange’s astral form.
9. He’s so strong that he once hurled Fing Fang Foom from Antarctica to the Moon.
10. The Hulk has been seen on the ocean floor, breathing underwater a number of times. He’s able to breathe underwater due to his body developing a gland that creates an oxygenated perfluorocarbon emulsion, which fills his lungs and equalizes the pressure.
11. He once stomped on the ground so hard that he created a shockwave that destroyed an entire city and caused massive damage for miles.
12. Skaar is the son of Hulk. His physical strength is so high that he cracked the armor of the Juggernaut and sent him into the outer atmosphere with one punch, which is something that was considered impossible.
13. Thanos repeatedly mentions that the Hulk is one of the few beings he actively avoids conflicts with.
14. Lyra, the daughter of Hulk, is the opposite of Banner, where she gets weaker the angries she gets. To control herself from getting angrier, she stays in a meditative fighting-trance while in battle.
15. In a scene cut from the 2008 The Incredible Hulk movie, Bruce Banner goes to the Arctic to commit suicide and Captain America’s body and shield can be spotted frozen beneath the ice.
16. The Hulk once became a zombie and bit off the Silver Surfers head, which gave him the power cosmic.
17. He once broke free from Plasti-Thene, which is a material that Thor’s Mjolnir couldn’t smash.
18. In the Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk series in 2009, Hulk tore Wolverine in half. He then hurled Wolverine’s legs miles away, where they landed on a mountain’s peak. Wolverine had to crawl to the mountain to retrieve them.
19. While in Sakaar, the Hulk’s blood caused a flower to grow. The people of Sakaar believed Hulk to be a legendary savior known as Sakaarson.
20. He rejoined the Avengers after a 15 year grudge.
21. Bruce’s mother was killed by his father when she tried to save Bruce from a beating.
22. In the early issues of The Incredible Hulk, Bruce Banner’s head didn’t “Hulk Out” with the rest of his body, so he wore a Hulk mask to protect his identity.
23. Wolverine claims that World War Hulk’s skin is harder to cut than the normal Hulk’s skin.
24. In the Planet Hulk storyline, a doomsday device is triggered and the planet’s tectonic plates are ripped apart. The Hulk jumped into a river of lava and then grabbed the tectonic plates and put them back together.
25. In World War Hulk, Black Bolt whispered to Hulk, breaking bones in his body and making him angrier. Hulk replied, “I didn’t come here for a whisper, I want to hear you scream!”
26. Professor X once tried to control World War Hulk’s mind but was unable to. He said that Hulk’s rage was, “like an elemental force he couldn’t overcome.”
27. Even the Hulk admitted that he is scared to face the Void, which is the dark side of Sentry.
28. Abomination is twice as strong as the Hulk, but he can’t increase his strength with anger while Hulk can.
29. Thor was created for Marvel by Stan Lee as an attempt to design someone more powerful than Hulk. He realized that the only thing stronger than the strongest man would be a God.
30. Spiderman once defeated Hulk by telling him a joke so funny that it calmed Banner down and he turned back into a person.
31. Hulk once ruled an entire planet as king. After his capital city was destroyed and his pregnant wife killed, he invaded the Earth, believing the heroes to be responsible.
32. He spent some time working as an enforcer at a Las Vegas casino under the alias “Joe Fixit.”
Pingback:January 21, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Pingback:February 17, 2018 at 5:22 pm
Pingback:February 19, 2018 at 12:17 pm
Pingback:April 5, 2018 at 11:19 am
Pingback:April 6, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Pingback:April 20, 2018 at 12:20 pm