The Abomination, or Emil Blonsky, is a fictional supervillain appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. He first appeared in Tales to Astonish #90, and was created by writer Stan Lee and artist Gil Kane, to be the rival of Hulk.
1. Stan Lee chose the name “the Abomination,” which he realized belonged to no other character, before conceiving the character’s background and appearance.
2. Abomination has retained his intelligence when being transformed and also retains full memory of the events during his time as Abomination when reverting back to normal. However, the Abomination doesn’t have the will or ability to change back into his human form.
3. Abomination is twice as strong as the Hulk but can’t increase his strength with anger.
4. The Abomination is one of the few who can lay claim to victory over the Green-Skinned Goliath.
5. Comic fans were upset when the live action version of the Abomination in the Incredible Hulk movie didn’t have his characters trademark ears. According to the director, he consciously removed them, citing that the Hulk would just bite them off like Mike Tyson did to Evander Holyfield.
6. Emil Blonsky first appeared in the title Tales to Astonish, and was introduced as a KGB agent and spy who became the Abomination after deliberately exposing himself to a greater quantity of the same gamma radiation that transformed Bruce Banner into his alter ego the Hulk.
7. In his first appearance, Blonsky became a large scaly humanoid even stronger than the Hulk.
8. In accordance with Stan Lee’s wishes, the Abomination defeated the Hulk in their first fight.
9. The Abomination has been featured in a number of Marvel titles, gradually shifting from unthinking savage brute, to master schemer, to tortured soul, and finally repentant villain and occasional defender of the weak, before being killed in battle.
10. The Abomination is similar to the Hulk in terms of strength, stamina, speed and durability, and the ability to regenerate.
11. He possesses gills, which enable him to breathe underwater. He can also enter a state of suspended animation when bereft of oxygen for long periods of time.
12. After being further empowered by Amatsu-Mikaboshi, the Abomination is considerably bigger than before, can project hellfire and is strong enough to rip off the shell of his successor A-Bomb, which is something that Red Hulk had previously been unable to do.
13. After his second resurrection by the Illuminati dubbed Order of the Shield, the cloned Abomination gains further augmentation through Banner’s biological grafts.
14. The Abomination has the ability to control his gamma radiation output in such a way that he can make it toxic to even the most resilient of individuals, including energy absorbers such as Hulk, Captain Marvel and Sunspot.
15. Abominatrix is a female counterpart of Abomination. Florence Sharples was the manager at Jasper Keaton’s savings and loans company. She became Abominatrix due to a failed medical experiment done by Jasper Keaton’s medical facility and fought She-Hulk.
16. Teen Abomination is a 13 year old who got exposed to gamma radiation and became a teenage version of Abomination.
17. The Abomination is among the villains enthralled by Krona to defend his stronghold. He is defeated by Superman.
18. The Ultimate version of the Abomination appears in the Ultimate Marvel imprint title The Ultimates 2, as part of an international group called the Liberators.
19. The Ultimate version of the Abomination is a Chinese scientist named Chang Lam. Dr. Lam was working to create a more efficient version of the Hulk. When he believed his research was complete, he used it on himself, transforming into a dinosaur like giant.
20. The Ultimate Emil Blonsky makes his debut in Ultimate Comics: Ultimates #27 and is part of Nick Fury’s Howling Commandos team under the codename “The Abomination” as a result of the scars across his face.
21. The Abomination stars in the limited series Abominations, which continues the plot points from the Future Imperfect storyline.
22. In the Mutant X universe, the Abomination appears as a part of a group that opposed the Beyonder and died after.
23. A zombified Abomination appears in Marvel Zombies: Dead Days after the zombified Hulk infects him by biting him on the arm.
24. Thor killed zombified Abomination when he destroys his head with Mjolnir, his mighty hammer.
25. During the Dark Reign storyline, the Abomination is among the dead characters present at Zeus’ trial.
26. During the Chaos War storyline, the Abomination is among the dead characters in the Underworld that Pluto liberated in order to help defend the Underworld from Amatsu-Mikaboshi.