Snover is a dual type Grass and Ice Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves into Abomasnow starting at level 40. Take a look below for 24 fascinating and interesting facts about Snover.
1. Snover is a creature with a white upper body and brown lower body that resembles a snow-covered tree.
2. It will be two-thirds brown if male and two-thirds white if female.
3. It has green eyes and three points on top of its head.
4. Its feet and green tail are stubby, and there are two green spikes that resemble pinecones on its back.
5. Five cones form its hand: a large central cone with four smaller cones around it.
6. Edible white berries grow along Snover’s midsection.
7. In Galar, packs of its natural predator, Galrian Darumaka enjoy eating the berries produced by Snover.
8. This result in Abomasnow often chasing them away in order to protect it.
9. Snover lives on snowy peaks in warm seasons, but migrates lower as the weather cools.
10. A curious Pokémon, it often approaches people and can be found inspecting footprints in the snow.
11. Snover can sink its feet into the snow to absorb water, this helps cool down its body temperature.
12. Snover is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 334.
13. No other Pokémon share the same type combination as Snover and its evolution Abomasnow.
14. Snover appears to have been made to resemble a snow-covered fir tree. Its ‘hat’ resembles the kanji for mountain which originates from a pictogram of three mountain peaks.
15. Snover may be a combination of snow and clover or cover (as in covered with snow). Alternatively, it may be a shortening of the phrase “snowed over”.
17. A talking Snover appeared in PK19, where it played a major role.
18. A male Snover debuted in The Lonely Snover, which also marked the species’ main series debut. He wanted to be friends with Ash and his friends. He was later adopted by a Teacher.
19. A female Snover debuted in Sliding Into Seventh!, where she was used by Candice during her Gym battle against Ash. She battled Gliscor and managed to defeat it before being beaten by Chimchar.
20. A male Snover appeared in Over the Mountain of Snow!. He wasn’t feeling well and was being looked after by an Abomasnow. With help from Clemont, Snover soon recovered.
21. A Snover appeared in Giratina and the Sky Warrior as one of the many Pokémon attempting to stop a glacier from destroying the nearby village.
22. A Trainer’s male Snover appeared in Challenging a Towering Figure!, where he battled a Donphan during the Festival Battle Challenge.
23. A Snover appeared in the opening sequence of Zoroark: Master of Illusions.
24. Candice has a collection of ice Pokémon in her Gym that includes multiple Snover, but the only one she uses in battle is the one that fought Platinum’s Empoleon, which also happens to be the only one she caught. She was seemingly defeated by the Emperor Pokémon’s Metal Claw, but managed to launch a Seed Bomb that landed on Empoleon’s head, fainting her and resulting in a tie. She first appeared in Striking Out Snover.