Mantyke is a dual type Water and Flying baby Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves into Mantine when leveled up with a Remoraid in the party. Take a look below for 25 awesome and fascinating facts about Mantyke.
1. Mantyke resembles a manta ray.
2. It has a round body with wide, flat fins.
3. Its back is dark blue, while its underside is light blue.
4. There are two red spots with white outlines and a light blue, curved line on its back.
5. These markings give the overall impression of a smiling face and vary slightly in each region.
6. It has two long, curving antennae on top of its head and black eyes with eyelash-like markings underneath.
7. The antennae are used to sense ocean currents.
8. Mantyke is a friendly Pokémon that can be found approaching boats and swimming near the ocean’s surface with schools of Remoraid.
9. Mantyke is the only Pokémon that requires a specific Pokémon (Remoraid) to be in the party in order to evolve it. This is based on the aspect of mutualism, a form of symbiosis in which two organisms depend on each other for survival.
10. Mantyke has the highest base Special Defense stat of all unevolved Pokémon and of all baby Pokémon.
11. At 3’03” (1.0 m), Mantyke is the tallest baby Pokémon.
12. Mantyke is tied with Ledyba for the lowest base Attack of all Flying-type Pokémon.
13. Mantyke is based on a baby manta ray.
14. Mantyke is a combination of manta and tyke (slang for child).
15. Multiple Mantyke appeared in Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. Jack Walker used the Capture Styler on one in order to use it to help him reach Samiya. The Mantine were also among the Pokémon present during the final showdown with The Phantom and his crew. They briefly reappeared in a montage in The Rise of Darkrai, which chronicled the preceding nine movies.
16. Multiple Mantyke appeared in Cheers on Castaways Isle!, where they were carrying chunks of gray rock on their back upriver to help a Deoxys.
17. A Mantyke appeared in SS008, where Go caught it soon after arriving in Snowpoint City. It was later used to participate in the Pokémon Drift Ice Race, where it helped Pikachu. Mantyke reappeared in SS011 and SS014.
18. Mantyke debuted in Pikachu’s Ocean Adventure.
19. Mantyke made its main series debut during the opening of Following A Maiden’s Voyage!.
20. A Mantyke appeared in One Team, Two Team, Red Team, Blue Team!, under the ownership of the Pokémon Summer Academy. Ash used it for the second leg of the Pokémon Triathlon.
21. A Mantyke appeared in Dawn of a Royal Day!, under the ownership of a Coordinator who used it in the Battle Stage of the Arrowroot Contest.
22. A Mantyke appeared in a fantasy in Dreams of the Sun and Moon!.
23. A Mantyke appeared in Leaping Past Lopunny, under the ownership of a Swimmer.
24. A Trainer’s Mantyke appeared in Deprogramming Porygon-Z.
25. A Mantyke appeared in All About Arceus III, where it carried Silver’s Weavile on its back during the search for Arceus’s Plates.