Drapion is a dual type Poison and Dark Pokemon introduced in Generation Iv. It evolves from Skorupi starting at level 40. Take a look below for 23 fascinating and interesting facts about Drapion.
1. Drapion is a large, purple, scorpion like Pokemon.
2. Its eyes are a pointed shape, with blue-colored upper portions.
3. Drapion has two small, pointed protrusions between its eyes, and one on the back on its head.
4. Drapion also has protrusions on its jaws, two on the upper and three on the lower, with large, fang-like, white-colored features extending from its mouth.
5. Its body is composed of many violet-to-lavender body segments which ends with a tail with two stingers.
6. Drapion has four segmented legs with pointed toes.
7. Its most distinguished feature is its huge claws.
8. It can turn its head 180 degrees.
9. Drapion is a very aggressive Pokémon, attacking anything that enters its territory.
10. It has a sturdy build and takes pride in its strength, being able to take down foes even without the use of its deadly toxin.
11. It has enough power to easily scrap a car.
12. Drapion has very hard, armor-like skin.
13. Drapion was designed by Kenkichi Toyama.
14. Drapion and Skorupi are the only Generation IV Pokémon to have an insectoid body.
15. Drapion is based on a scorpion, and has some characteristics that resemble a vinegarroon (a similar arachnid).
16. Its Water 3 Egg Group designation may be a reference to the ancient group of arthropods known as sea scorpions that used to inhabit the oceans and may have been the ancestors of modern scorpions.
17. Drapion and Dorapion may be a combination of dragon, drastic (referring to its violent nature), or Dracula (referring to its huge vampire-looking teeth) and scorpion.
18. Drapion debuted in Mutiny in the Bounty!, under the ownership of J. It was used to battle Ash’s Pikachu, Aipom, and Turtwig. It reappeared in Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (Part 2), where J ordered it to wrap its claws around Ash’s midsection and squeeze tightly on it.
19. A Drapion appeared in A Trainer and Child Reunion!, under the ownership of Aaron. It briefly reappeared in Aiding the Enemy!, where it battled Cynthia’s Garchomp but lost.
20. A Drapion debuted in Familiarity Breeds Strategy!, under the ownership of Paul. It was used to battle Ash in that episode, as well as A Real Rival Rouser! and Battling a Thaw in Relations!. It managed to defeat Buizel, Staraptor, and Torterra before losing to Gliscor. It is unknown whether it is the same one he tried to catch in Chim – Charred!.
21. A Drapion appeared in From A to Z!, under the ownership of Celosia. It made further appearances in Meeting at Terminus Cave!, A Towering Takeover!, and The Right Hero for the Right Job!.
22. A Drapion appeared in Chim – Charred!.
23. A Drapion appeared in One Team, Two Team, Red Team, Blue Team!, under the ownership of the Pokémon Summer Academy. It was used by one of the students in the first leg of the Pokémon Triathlon.