Sylveon is a Fairy-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves from Eevee when leveled up knowing a Fairy-type move and having at least two levels of Affection in the 3DS games, or high friendship in Generation VIII. It is one of Eevee‘s final forms, the others being Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon. Take a look below for 27 interesting and fun facts about Sylveon.
1. Sylveon is a quadruped, mammalian Pokemon covered with pale cream-colored fur with pink feet, ears and tail.
2. It has light blue eyes, long ears with blue interiors and thicker fur, a tiny nose, and two stray tufts of fur on top of its head.
3. There are two bows on its body: one at the base of its left ear and one on its neck.
4. Each bow is pale cream with a pink center and trails a pair of ribbon-like feelers.
5. The feelers are pale cream with light blue tips.
6. Before the tip of each feeler is a pink and then a dark blue stripe.
7. It has slender legs with small, three-toed paws and a fluffy, slightly curved tail.
8. Sylveon’s ribbon-like feelers emit a soothing aura.
9. When hunting, it swirls its feelers as a distraction while the aura weakens feelings of hostility in its prey.
10. It will also wrap its feelers around the arm of its Trainer, which allows it to read their feelings.
11. According to a Famitsu magazine interview with Ken Sugimori, Sylveon was designed by Atsuko Nishida.
12. Sylveon is the only cross-generational evolutionary relative introduced in Generation VI.
13. It is also the only Generation VI Pokémon obtainable in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX.
14. Sylveon and Mr. Rime are the only Pokémon introduced after Generation V that can have no origin mark.
15. Sylveon is the only Eeveelution to be introduced in a generation that did not introduce any other Eeveelutions.
16. Sylveon is also the only Eeveelution to not resist its own type.
17. If Eevee meets the conditions for evolving into Sylveon while also meeting the conditions for evolving into Espeon or Umbreon, Eevee will evolve into Sylveon regardless.
18. Sylveon is tied with Umbreon for the highest base Special Defense stat of all Eeveelutions.
19. Sylveon has the lowest base Speed stat of all Eeveelutions.
20. In contrast to the rest of the Eeveelutions’ pointed ears, Sylveon’s ears are large and rounded, giving it a resemblance to jackrabbits. Fairies were thought to be particularly active under the light of the full moon; because of this and the jackrabbit association, Sylveon could be based on the mythical Asian moon rabbit. The moon rabbit is often portrayed as a companion of the Chinese moon goddess Chang’e, who is often depicted wearing a robe adorned in many ribbons. In addition, Sylveon’s tail has some resemblance to the tail of the viscacha. It also has a mix of other mammalian traits, such as those of cats and foxes.
21. Sylveon may be a combination of sylph, a mythological creature described as invisible beings of the air, or sylvan, a word referring to an association with woodlands or forests (where fairies are often depicted), and eon (an immeasurably long period of time, possibly referring to how long evolution takes naturally). Eon is a suffix all Eevee evolutions share and was Eevee’s English prototype name.
22. Serena’s Eevee evolved into a Sylveon in Party Dancecapades! during a Tag Battle alongside Ash’s Pikachu, where they faced off against Miette’s Slurpuff and James’s Inkay.
23. Sylveon debuted in Eevee & Friends, where it showed Pikachu and his friends around its home, and introduced them to Eevee and its fellow Eeveelutions.
24. Sylveon made its main series debut in Kindergarten Chaos!, under the ownership of Penelope. It was used in a battle against Ash’s Froakie and defeated it with Attract. Later on, it was captured by Team Rocket, but later rescued.
25. A Sylveon appeared in A Fashionable Battle! and Fairy-Type Trickery!, under the ownership of Valerie. It was used in a Gym battle against Ash, but it was defeated by Fletchinder.
26. A wild Sylveon appeared in Turning Heads and Training Hard!, where it was summoned to help Ilima’s Eevee perform Extreme Evoboost. It reappeared in the Poké Problem segment of the next episode, where it saw Ilima and Eevee off.
27. A Performer’s Sylveon appeared in A Showcase Debut!, where it participated in the Coumarine Showcase Rookie Class.