Corviknight is a dual-type Flying/Steel Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It evolves from Corvisquire starting at level 38. It is the final form of Rookidee. Corviknight has a Gigantamax form. Take a look below for 27 interesting and fascinating facts about Corviknight.
1. Corviknight is a large avian Pokemon resembling a raven.
2. Most of its body is a lustrous black, but its lower beak and legs have a matte color.
3. Corviknight’s feathers are tempered with steel.
4. Its mantle, breast, belly, flanks, and scapular feathers are smooth and resemble plate armor.
5. Corviknight’s talons, head, and upper beak are similarly armored.
6. It has a crest above its eyes that resembles a crown, and a ruff of feathers on its throat that resemble a beard.
7. Corviknight’s eyes have white pupils, red irises, and black sclerae.
8. It is said to be the strongest bird Pokémon in the Galar region, being able to scare off any Pokémon that tries to challenge it.
9. Due to its intelligence and flying skills, Corviknight serves a company called Galar Taxi, where it transports people from one location to another.
10. Corviknight preys on Bunnelby.
11. It has violent territorial clashes with Skarmory.
12. As Gigantamax Corviknight, it becomes larger with a slightly altered look.
13. While Gigantamaxed, Corviknight’s wings are streaked with glowing red patches of Dynamax energy, and its ruff of throat feathers is more robust.
14. The plate on its breast and belly separates into two adorned plates, and the plates on its flanks become slashed, such that they resemble medieval puffed sleeves.
15. Eight feathers called blade birds on the back of Gigantamax Corviknight’s wings can be launched from its body to attack foes independently.
16. Its blade birds also glow with Dynamax energy.
17. In its Gigantamax form, Corviknight is powerful enough to generate hurricane-force winds.
18. It can use its massive wings to hover in the air on updrafts created while Gigantamaxing.
19. Its reinforced armor is barely affected by its opponent’s attacks.
20. Gigantamax Corviknight is the only known Pokémon capable of using the exclusive G-Max Move G-Max Wind Rage.
21. Corviknight and its pre-evolved forms were designed by Hitoshi Ariga.
22. Corviknight may be based on a raven, a carrion crow, or the western jackdaw; all three are corvids commonly found in Great Britain.
23. Corviknight’s overall appearance may be based on black knight characters from medieval settings. Corviknight may also draw inspiration from the Ravens of the Tower of London, a group of at least six ravens kept at The Tower of London who are believed to protect the Crown and the Tower.
24. Corviknight may be a combination of corvid and knight.
25. Corviknight debuted in Legend? Go! Friends? Go!, when a Trainer used it to participate in a Raid Battle against a Lugia.
26. A Corviknight serves as the Flying Taxi in the miniseries.
27. Corviknight debuted in the Sword & Shield chapter. It worked as a Flying Taxi and flew Milo back to Turffield.