Girafarig is a dual type Normal and Psychic Pokemon introduced in Generation II. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokemon. Take a look below for 23 fun and fascinating facts about Girafarig.
1. Girafarig is a hoofed quadruped Pokemon with a long neck.
2. There is a white blaze on its muzzle, which ends with its round, pink nose.
3. It has two horns with bulbous tips on top of its head.
4. Its front half is yellow with black spots, while its back half is black with yellow spots.
5. The female Girafarig has a smaller dark section than the male.
6. There are many triangular, pink spikes along its back.
7. Girafarig’s tail possesses a head of its own.
8. The tail’s head has yellow eyes, a mouth full of sharp teeth, and a small brain. However, this head is incapable of independent thinking and relies on outside stimuli such as smell to guide its actions.
9. If the tail smells something alluring, it will bite.
10. The tail often mimics the head during feeding, and is able to warn the Pokémon of danger if it is sleeping.
11. Girafarig lives in savannas and grasslands, where it feeds on the plant life.
12. An early design of Girafarig had a full-sized second head, reflecting its palindromic name, and resembling a Pushmi-pullyu.
13. Girafarig is based on a giraffe, and given its darker-colored backside, it may also be based on the Giraffokeryx, an extinct genus that resembled both the okapi and the giraffe.
14. Girafarig’s small second brain may have been based on the Stegosaurus, a herbivorous dinosaur which had been speculated to have possessed a second brain in its tail, improving its reflexes against predators.
15. Girafarig is a palindrome based on giraffe, referring its two-headed and reverse appearance.
16. Girafarig made its main series debut in The Psychic Sidekicks!, under the ownership of Cherry. It played a major role in the episode.
17. A Girafarig appeared in Cruisin’ for a Losin’, under the ownership of Sonny. It went up against Drew’s Masquerain during the Battle Stage of the Rubello Contest, but lost after it used a combination of Bubble, Ice Beam, and Hidden Power.
18. A Girafarig appeared in Saved by the Beldum, under the ownership of Morrison. He used it in his match against Ash, but due to Morrison’s reluctance to battle his friend, Girafarig was easily defeated by Corphish’s Crabhammer. It reappeared in a flashback in Choose It or Lose It!.
19. A Girafarig appeared in A Full Course Tag Battle!, under the ownership of Roman. It was used alongside Kylie’s Drifloon in a Tag Battle against May’s Blaziken and Dawn’s Piplup in the Seven Stars Restaurant. Girafarig was ultimately defeated by a combination of Piplup’s Bubble Beam and Blaziken’s Fire Spin.
20. A Girafarig appeared in Gone With the Windworks!, under the ownership of Lyra. She called upon it to help break down a locked door, but it was unable to do so.
21. Girafarig debuted in Spell of the Unown: Entei, under the ownership of Lisa. She used it to battle Ash during the opening sequence; it went up against Chikorita and ultimately won.
22. A Girafarig appeared in Entei at Your Own Risk as one of the Pokémon resting in some hot springs.
23. A Trainer’s Girafarig appeared in A Claim to Flame!, where it battled in a qualifying match for the Silver Conference.