Blipbug is a Bug-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It evolves into Dottler starting at level 10, which evolves into Orbeetle starting at level 30. Take a look below for 18 fascinating and fun facts about Blipbug.
1. Blipbug has five body segments, and is covered in sensitive setae that is uses to collect information about its environment.
2. The dorsal half of its ovular head is a dark blue, and the ventral half is beige.
3. Blipbug’s large, reflective eyes resemble glasses.
4. It has a small mouth and eyebrow-like markings that give it a perpetually surprised expression.
5. Blipbug’s second body segment is the same shade of blue as the top of its head, and resembles a collar.
6. The third segment is thinner than the first two, and the two consecutive segments are thicker.
7. Its last three segments are white, yellow, and blue respectively.
8. Blipbug has two legs on both its third and fourth body segment; and it also has tufts of setae on its head, collar, and posterior.
9. The setae on its collar are yellow and resemble a bow tie.
10. A constant collector of information, Blipbug are very smart, but very weak.
11. They are often found in gardens.
12. Blipbug shares its category with Grubbin. They are both known as the Larva Pokémon.
13. Both Blipbug and Grubbin are also the only pure Bug-type Pokémon of their respective generation.
14. Blipbug has the lowest base Defense stat and base stat total of all Bug-type Pokémon.
15. Blipbug may be based on a ladybird larva.
16. Some details—namely the glasses-like eyes and bowtie-like neck feelers—may also echo the image of a stereotypical “nerd”.
17. Together, they may imply a “bookworm”, a word that can mean someone obsessed with books (such as a “nerd”), or an insect that burrows into the pages of books.
18. Blipbug may be a combination of blip (the sound of a radar finding a target) and bug.