Rookidee is a Flying-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It evolves into Corvisquire starting at level 18, which evolves into Corviknight starting at level 38. Take a look below for 16 fun and fascinating facts about Rookidee.
1. Rookidee is a small bird like Pokemon that is primarily dark blue, including its wings, tail, back and part of its head.
2. The lower part of its body and chest is yellow and has a black part that begins from under its wings to its face, from which feathers protrude over its head, giving it a mask-like appearance.
3. It has red eyes and small gray feet and legs.
4. Rookidee are feisty and territorial Pokémon and will bravely fight against anybody, no matter how big and strong that opponent is.
5. They are able to store some of their own energy after every battle, so they can grow a bit stronger even if they lose.
6. Using their legs, they are able to jump nimbly from place to place to confuse Pokémon bigger than themselves.
7. Rookidee preys on Grubbin.
9. Rookidee and its evolved form are the first non-Legendary Pokémon to be purely Flying-type.
10. Rookidee is tied with Natu as the smallest Flying-type Pokémon.
11. Rookidee and its evolved forms were designed by Hitoshi Ariga.
12. Rookidee is the first regional bird to not be part-Normal-type in at least its base evolutionary form.
13. Rookidee’s design appears to be based on the Japanese tit or Eurasian blue tit, which are both species of bird in the same family as the chickadee, Paridae.
14. While it is not a member of the corvid family like the apparent inspirations for Corvisquire and Corviknight, they are in the same order, Passeriformes.
15. Rookidee may be a combination of rook, rookie, kid, and chickadee.
16. Multiple Rookidee debuted in a flashback in the Sword & Shield chapter, where they were seen in the Slumbering Weald.