Rebecca Louisa Ferguson Sundstrom, born October 19, 1983, is a Swedish actress. She’s known for her portrayal of Elizabeth Woodville in The White Queen, which earned her a nomination for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film. Take a look below for 27 more interesting and awesome facts about Rebecca Ferguson.
1. Apart from her role in The White Queen, Ferguson is also known for her roles as Ilsa Faust in Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, Dr. Miranda North in Life, and Jenny Lind in The Greatest Showman.
2. She was born in Stockholm and grew up in the Vasastan district in central Stockholm.
3. Her mother, Rosemary Ferguson, is English and moved from Britain to Sweden at the age of 25, while her father is Swedish.
4. Ferguson’s maternal grandmother is from Northern Ireland, and her maternal grandfather is from Scotland.
5. She went to an English speaking school in Sweden and was raised bilingual, speaking Swedish and English.
6. From the age of 13, she worked as a model and appeared in magazines and on television commercials for cosmetic, apparel and jewelry advertisements.
7. She danced from a very early age. She did ballet, tap dancing, jazz, street funk and tango. Ferguson even taught Argentine tango at a dance company in Lund, Sweden for a few years while she continued her work on several short art film projects.
8. Ferguson attended the Adolf Fredrik’s Music School in Stockholm and graduated in 1999.
9. In 2007, Ferguson gave birth to a son with then-boyfriend Ludwig Hallberg.
10. After her soap opera success and the birth of her son, she moved with her boyfriend to Simrishamn, on the Swedish south-east coast.
11. She broke up with Ludwig Hallberg in April, 2015.
12. In January 2018, Ferguson revealed on The Graham Norton Show that she’s pregnant and expecting her second child sometime in 2018.
13. While she’s sometimes said to be related to The Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, she denied this in a 2015 Daily Mail interview.
14. Ferguson is the first Swedish actress to be nominated for a Golden Globe award since Ann-Margret in 1999.
15. In 2017, Ferguson played the female lead in Daniel Espinosa’s sci-fi thriller Life, opposite Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds.
16. She stated her desire to work with director Tim Burton as well as actors Helen Mirren, Maggie Smith, Hugh Laurie and Helena Bonham Carter.
17. She did her won stunts in Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation. She went under vigorous fitness and stunt training, consisting of a 6 week, 6 hours a day training schedule, including Pilates, fight choreography and stunt practice.
18. Tom Cruise chose her for Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation after having seen her in the mini-series The White Queen.
19. She’s often compared to fellow Swedish actress Ingrid Bergman due to their striking resemblance. Her character in Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation is named Ilsa, just like Bergman’s character in Casablanca. One of Rebecca’s scenes in Rogue Nation was set in Casablanca and her co-star’s, Tom Cruise, first celebrity crush was Ingrid Bergman in Notorious.
20. She’s claustrophobic and suffers from vertigo.
21. She was named one of Variety’s 10 Actors to Watch in 2015.
22. Her mother helped to translate ABBA’s “Waterloo” from Swedish to English and was also the woman sitting cross-legged on a chair on the album’s cover.
23. The actresses who inspire her are Cate Blanchett, Helena Bonham Carter, Maggie Smith, Helen Mirren and Isabelle Huppert.
24. She was considered for the lead role in Alien: Covenant.
25. She’s a major fan of Breaking Bad.
26. She came to prominence as the upper-class girl Anna Gripenhielm in the soap-opera Nya tider. She then went on to play Chrissy in the Swedish American soap opera Ocean Ave.
27. Swedish director Richard Hobert spotted her at the Simrishamn town market in 2011, which led to her starring in his movie A One-Way to Antibes.