Snorunt is an Ice type Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves into either Glalie starting at level 42 or, if female, Froslass when exposed to a Dawn Stone. Take a look below for 25 amazing and interesting facts about Snorunt.
1. Snorunt is a small, black Pokemon with an ovoid body.
2. It has circular, light blue eyes, wide teeth, and spherical hands and feet that lack digits.
3. It is covered with a yellow cloak that gives it a triangular outline.
4. The coat is rimmed with an orange stripe and has three orange diamond markings on the back.
5. Well-adapted to life in colder climates, it subsists on snow and ice and can survive temperatures as low as -150 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Snorunt is also a social creature, living and traveling with other Snorunt in groups of five.
7. It can be found in caves, particularly when the outside weather lacks snow. Additionally, it has been known to visit human dwellings.
8. Snorunt’s Pokémon Platinum Pokédex entry seems to reference the Koro-pok-guru, a race of small people in Ainu folklore. They are said to live under the leaves of plants in harmony. The Ainu live in Hokkaido, the place in Japan upon which Sinnoh is based.
9. Super Smash Bros. Brawl’s Snorunt trophy incorrectly claims that only male Snorunt evolve into Glalie.
10. Snorunt is based on a yukinko, a childlike spirit in Japanese mythology said to emerge when it snows, as well as the zashiki-warashi, a mischievous spirit from the folklore of Iwate Prefecture. It also seems to be a stylized version of a person wearing a yuki mino, a type of traditional winter wear from the snowy parts of Japan that consists of a conical snow-cloak made of straw. Generally, yukinko are depicted as small, elf-like creatures wearing yuki mino.
11. Snorunt is a combination of snow and runt (a smaller-than-average animal).
12. Snorunt made its main series debut in Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snorunt!. This Snow Hat Pokémon stole Ash’s Badges, and so he chased after it. Ash eventually gained Snorunt’s trust and it joined his team. After learning Ice Beam by practicing extensively, Snorunt evolved into Glalie in Rhapsody in Drew.
13. A Snorunt appeared in PK19 as a resident of an icy island. It got stuck in the snow, but was rescued by Pikachu and his friends, after which it joined them.
14. A Snorunt appeared in The Drifting Snorunt!, along with its evolved forms, Glalie and Froslass. It was almost captured by a Poacher, but it was rescued by Chimchar and Froslass.
15. Snorunt debuted in a cameo in the opening sequence of Destiny Deoxys.
16. A Snorunt appeared in PK13.
17. A Snorunt appeared in the opening sequence of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
18. A Trainer’s Snorunt appeared in Curbing the Crimson Tide!.
19. A Coordinator’s Snorunt appeared in What I Did for Love!.
20. A Snorunt made a cameo appearance in Camping It Up!, where it was one of the Pokémon trained by the students of the Pokémon Summer Academy.
21. A Snorunt made a brief appearance in An Old Family Blend!, under the ownership of a Trainer participating in the Lily of the Valley Conference.
22. Five Snorunt appeared in Getting a Jump on the Competition!, with one under the ownership of a Trainer and the other four wild.
23. Ash owns a Snorunt in Ash & Pikachu just like his anime counterpart.
24. Snorunt is one of the Pokémon owned by the Hoenn Elite Four Glacia along with its evolved form, unlike only Spheal being shown in her possession instead of its evolved forms. It is not seen in battle. It first appeared in A Royal Rumble with Regirock, Regice and Registeel I.
25. A Snorunt appeared as a Battle Factory Pokémon in Pinsir Me, I Must Be Dreaming.