Jeffrey Dean Morgan, born April 22, 1966, is an American actor. He’s known for his roles as John Winchester on the fantasy horror series Supernatural, Denny Duquette on the medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy, The Comedian in the superhero movie The Watchmen, Jason Crouse on the political drama series The Good Wife, Negan on the horror drama series The Walking Dead, and Harvey Russell in Rampage. Take a look below for 28 more fun and interesting facts about Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
1. He was born in Seattle, Washington, to Sandy Thomas and Richard Dean Morgan.
2. Morgan attended Ben Franklin Elementary School, Rose Hill Junior High and Lake Washington High School in Kirkland, Washington, where he played football and captained the basketball team.
3. He went on to play basketball at Skagit Valley College before being sidelined by an injury.
4. Starting with Uncaged, Morgan has appeared in over 25 feature films. However, the bulk of his work has been in television.
5. On May 30, 1992, Morgan was married to actress Anya Longwell in Las Vegas. They divorced in 2003.
6. In 2007, Morgan was briefly engaged to his former Weeds costar Mary Louise Parker, however, their engagement ended in April, 2008.
7. In 2009, Morgan began a relationship with actress Hilarie Burton. The couple’s son, Augustus “Gus” Morgan was born on March 10, 2010.
8. On March 6, 2018, Hilarie Burton announced on her Instagram that their baby girl, George Virginia Morgan, was born on February 16, 2018.
10. Since 2014, Morgan and Hilarie Burton have been co-owners, along with Morgan’s friend Paul Rudd, of Samuel’s Sweet Shop, a Rhinebeck candy story that they saved from being closed after the previous owner, a friend of theirs, died suddenly.
11. He has a dog named Bisou, which means, “a little and sweet kiss,” in French. Bisou is a female Rottweiler.
12. In his free time he enjoys spending time with his friends and laughing as much as possible, painting, writing and reading.
13. Under skills, his resume lists basketball, baseball, and may other sports; mountain and water athletics; cooking; and construction. Under dialects, it lists New York, Italian and various regional dialects.
14. He’s friends with agent Richard Lewis, whose support, according to Morgan, was invaluable in keeping him going and getting back to where he is today.
15. His former manager, who happened to be a very good friend of his, dropped him because he just wasn’t getting work. The day after his former manager dropped him, he got his role on Supernatural.
16. He did a painting and donated it to the Race for the Rescues’ Walk of Paws celebrity art auction on October 29, 2006. The money raised at the event went to help shelter dogs and cats in and around Pasadena, California.
17. He learned to play the guitar for his part in P.S. I Love You, after about a week of lessons from Heart’s Nancy Wilson.
18. He’s a die hard Seattle Seahawks fan.
19. He started a graphic design company in Seattle before moving to Los Angeles and becoming an actor.
20. His mother, Sandy, is a big fan of Grey’s Anatomy.
21. He’s primarily of Scottish heritage.
22. He and his Watchmen co-star Billy Crudup have both been in a relationship with Mary-Louise Parker. Crudup lived with her from 1996 to 2003 and they have a son together. Morgan started dating Parker in 2006, they became engaged in 2008, but eventually broke up.
23. Even though he played Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki’s father on Supernatural, Jefferey is only 12 years old than Jensen.
24. He got a tattoo of a revolver on his right arm during the shooting of The Salvation.
25. He stated that many people who recognize him mistake him for Javier Bardem.
26. Morgan had to lose 40 pounds in a short period of time to play a man with tuberculosis in Texas Rising. He lost the weight by eating only one can of tuna per day.
27. He played the father of 2 unrelated superheroes. He played Thomas Wayne, father of Bruce Wayne, in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and he played The Comedian, father of Laurie Jupiter, also known as The Silk Spector, in Watchmen.
28. On May 28, 2017, Morgan drove the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Pace Car to lead the starting field of the 101st Indianapolis 500.