Celesteela is a dual-type Steel/Flying Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon. It is one of the Ultra Beasts and is known by the code name UB-04 Blaster. Take a look below for 27 fascinating and fun facts about Celesteela.
1. Celesteela is a large, vaguely humanoid Ultra Beast with a bodily construction that resembles a cross between a space shuttle and a bamboo shoot.
2. It has a small, white head with a tiny mouth and a skinny neck with three segments.
3. On top of its head is a gray structure resembling a hat with long, flowing hair underneath.
4. The hair reaches midway down its body and is rimmed with bright blue.
5. The “hat” has two small blue dots and four white spikes arranged in a X-shape.
6. These spikes resemble decorative hair sticks.
7. On the very top of its hat is a long gray horn similar to a drill bit.
8. It has large, disembodied gray arms that resemble bamboo stalks.
9. At the end of each arm is a ring of bright blue, fin-like projections and a collection of smaller, black bamboo shoots.
10. Each smaller stalk has bright blue ring with a small line extending back up the stalk.
11. Its main body is conical and resembles a dress with four overlapping layers.
12. The shortest and outermost layer is the shortest and appears metallic, while the inner layers are each a lighter shade of green, progressively longer, and seem to be cloth or plant material.
13. Underneath all the layers is a white body with a light gray crisscross pattern covering it and a bright blue ring along the base.
14. Below the dress is what appears to be a collection of six black bamboo stalks.
15. On the bottom of each stalk is a bright blue ring with a small line extending back up the stalk; this causes the stalks to also resemble solid rocket boosters.
16. Celesteela is one of the heaviest Pokémon, tying with Cosmoem.
17. According to Wicke from the Aether Foundation, its most distinctive feature is the energy that it stores within itself: a flammable gas that it can shoot from its two huge arms.
18. This is mostly used to propel itself in flight and for battle, but it is thought to have sufficient power and lift to even fly into space.
19. Celesteela’s rocket thrust is powerful enough to destroy an entire bamboo forest.
20. Despite being Steel-type, Celesteela’s body is plantlike and can absorb nutrients from the soil.
21. As seen in the anime, Celesteela can have a long lifespan, as one was buried in Alola for over 200 years.
22. In Pokémon Sun and Moon, Celesteela has a catch rate of 25 and a base experience yield of 114.
23. Celesteela is tied with Cosmoem as the heaviest Pokémon.
24. Celesteela is likely based on Princess Kaguya from The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter: its body resembles bamboo shoots, its arms resemble cut bamboo trunks, and overall it resembles a mixture of elements of a space shuttle and a depiction of Princess Kaguya as a woman with long hair wearing a multilayered kimono. Its body may also incorporate similarities to the spacecraft SELENE (nicknamed “Kaguya” in Japan), which orbited the Moon between 2007 and 2009. The combination of bamboo and spacecraft elements may also reference bamboo rockets.
25. Celesteela may be a combination of celestial, steel, and stella (Latin and Italian for star).
26. Celesteela debuted in Rise and Shine, Starship!, where Sophocles found it buried alive while camping at Bamboo Hill and believed it to be The Celestial Starship, a figure from a folktale. He and his classmates decided to dig it out of the ground, and although the Ultra Guardians failed to catch it due to the fact that it was rooted down, it eventually flew off back into space. Unlike the other Ultra Beasts in the anime so far, this Celesteela had been growing in Alola for more than 200 years.
27. Celesteela physically debuted in A Raid and Po Town. It was one of the Ultra Beasts used by Guzma to attack the invading Trial Captains and Hau at Po Town before later escaping to cause havoc on the rest of Ula’ula Island. It reappeared from Confusion and Monsters from Another World to The Truth and Island Kahuna Hapu, as well as PASM24.