Xurkitree is an Electric-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon. It is one of the Ultra Beasts and is known by the code name UB-03 Lighting. Take a look below for 25 interesting and amazing facts about Xurkitree.
1. Xurkitree is a very tall Ultra Beast that resembles a vaguely humanoid mass of electrical wiring.
2. Its “head” a white, brightly glowing electric spark with numerous points and no visible face.
3. Below its head is a mass of black cables for its torso and limbs; there are white bands resembling zip ties throughout its body as well.
4. Its arms have ties where its shoulders, elbows, and wrists would be.
5. The upper arms have two cables, while the lower have three.
6. At the ends of its arms are copper structures that resemble hands, each with six flat “fingers”.
7. The legs have ties at the hips, knees, and ankles and are composed of four cables fused together for the whole length.
8. The feet have four toes possessing “claws” of exposed copper; each foot has two fused toes pointing forward and two separate toes pointing backward.
9. Finally, its tail has three ties and four cables, one of them loose in two sections.
10. The tail ends in what resembles a three-pronged plug.
11. It is the tallest Electric-type Pokémon.
12. Because this Ultra Beast reportedly raided a power plant, it is speculated to sustain itself with electricity.
13. This is supported by observations that it will “plug” its limbs and tail into the ground when it is low on energy and enter a tree-like state to absorb electricity from the earth.
14. Witnesses claim that its entire body crackles with astonishing electrical power.
15. According to Wicke from the Aether Foundation, the cables that make up its body have been noted as being made of the same material as electrical wiring, and as such are highly efficient conductors of electricity.
16. Its body contains an organ that produces energy, and it can discharge up to 1,000,000 volts at once.
17. Xurkitree has the highest base Special Attack stat of all Electric-type Pokémon.
18. In Pokémon Sun and Moon, Xurkitree is the only Ultra Beast with a single type.
19. In Pokémon Sun and Moon, Xurkitree has a catch rate of 30 and a base experience yield of 114.
20. Xurkitree appears to be based on sparking electrical wires and power-lines. Its design also shares some small aspects of a tree, especially Christmas trees; its head resembles a Moravian star or a tree-topper.
21. Xurkitree may be a combination of a corruption of circuitry and tree.
22. Xurkitree debuted in Twirling with a Bang!, where it first emerged from an Ultra Wormhole on Melemele Island. The next day, the Ultra Guardians set out to return it home, only for it to wind up clashing with a Blacephalon. After distracting both Xurkitree and Blacephalon, the Ultra Guardians managed to weaken and catch both Pokémon at the same time, allowing them to be sent back home. It reappeared in a flashback in Securing the Future!.
23. Xurkitree debuted as a silhouette in The Final Match and a Surprising Finale!.
24. Xurkitree physically debuted in True Identity and the Totem Pokémon of Brooklet Hill, where it was seen emerging from an Ultra Wormhole above Lush Jungle while battling Tapu Lele. Moon attempted to capture it with her Poké Ball arrow, but she failed and it retreated back into the wormhole. Xurkitree reappeared in flashbacks from Homecoming and the Brilliant Professional Golfer to Flash and Cosmog’s Secret, as well as Confusion and Monsters from Another World.
25. A Xurkitree appeared in Truth and the Mastermind Behind Team Skull, where it came through another Ultra Wormhole opened by Guzma in Po Town. Like the other Ultra Beasts summoned by Guzma, Xurkitree later escaped the town and started wreaking havoc around Ula’ula Island. It reappeared in Thieving and Boss Crabominable, PASM23, and PASM24; and in a flashback in An Urgent Task and the Capture of an Ultra Beast.