Jessica Lowndes is a Canadian actress and singer-songwriter. She is best known for her roles as Adrianna Tate-Duncan on The CW teen drama series 90210 and for appearing in several Hallmark Channel movies. Take a look below for 26 more fun and interesting facts about Jessica Lowndes.
1. Lowndes was born in Vancouver, British Columbia and attended Pacific Academy in Surrey.
2. Growing up in Vancouver, Lowndes attended private school, which later she learned was not for her.
3. She knew from an early age that she had a passion for singing and acting.
4. Growing up in a household where her mother was a piano teacher and her father held the teenage record for running across Canada, Lowndes knew accomplishing a goal and making her dreams come true was possible.
5. While Lowndes, as a young child, was notorious for singing and dancing all the time, she finally earned her first major acting opportunity in high school.
6. Lowndes also produced much of her own music from an early age.
7. During the summer before her senior year, Lowndes worked on a project for Showtime, and instantly knew she wanted to work on-screen one day.
8. While working on this project, Lowndes met people from LA and got representation in the entertainment industry.
9. After experiencing what it was like to have a real role for a production, Lowndes told her parents that she did not want to go back to high school, and instead wanted to pursue a career in acting in Los Angeles. With encouragement from her parents, Lowndes moved to LA at the age of 16 and began her career.
10. Lowndes made her acting debut on the 2005 television film Saving Milly as Andrea Kondracke at the age of 16.
11. This was followed by a guest role on an episode of Masters of Horror, she was later cast as Becky, a recurring role in the sitcom Alice, I Think.
12. She also made a guest appearance on Kyle XY.
13. Her next film role was a supporting role in the Lifetime movie To Have and to Hold released in 2005, followed by a pilot called Pretty/Handsome in 2007—which did not get picked up.
14. In 2008, Lowndes appeared in Autopsy and The Haunting of Molly Hartley along with another recurring role, this time as Mandi, in the television drama series Greek.
15. She also landed a recurring role as Adrianna Tate-Duncan in the series 90210, a spin-off of the ’90s teen drama series Beverly Hills, 90210. In November 2008, her role was upgraded to series regular.
16. Lowndes starred in the Canadian horror film Altitude in 2010.
17. BuddyTV ranked her #58 on its TV’s 100 Sexiest Women of 2011 list.
18. In April 2012, she starred in The Devil’s Carnival, a short musical film screened on tour.
19. Lowndes starred in Lionsgate’s 2014 action film The Prince alongside Bruce Willis and John Cusack.
20. In 2015, Lowndes starred in Lifetime’s dramatic-thriller comedy film A Deadly Adoption alongside Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig.
21. In 2016, Lowndes starred in Hallmark’s A December Bride with Daniel Lissing.
22. She has been playing the piano since she was five and writing music since she was nine years old.
23. Lowndes made her musical debut in the pilot episode of TV series 90210 singing “Mama Who Bore Me” from Spring Awakening in the school’s musical, in the 2009 episode “Women’s Intuition”.
24. In March 2009, she released the song Fly Away on Myspace. She was both the writer, singer and lead guitarist in the track.
25. On September 19, 2009, Lowndes performed God Bless America for a Dodgers game at the Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California.
26. On October 11, 2011, CBS Records released her debut single “Fool” on iTunes.