Carson Jones Daly is an American television host, radio personality, producer and television personality. Prior to 2002, Daly was a VJ on MTV’s “Total Request Live,” and a DJ for the Southern California based radio station 106.7 KROQ-FM. Take a look below for 23 more interesting and fun facts about Carson Daly.
1. In 2002, Daly joined NBC, where he began hosting and producing the late night talk show “Last Call with Carson Daly,” and occasionally hosting special event programming for NBC.
2. Daly has since been involved in more prominent roles at NBC, such as becoming host for its reality music competition “The Voice” in 2011, and joining NBC’s morning show “Today” as a social media correspondent in 2013, with his role increasing in subsequent years becoming a co-host.
3. Daly has also served as a radio DJ; he was formerly a nighttime host on the Los Angeles radio station KROQ-FM; beginning in 2010, Daly began hosting “Mornings with Carson Daly” on its sister station KAMP-FM.
4. Daly also hosts a weekly top 30 countdown show “The Daly Download with Carson Daly” which is produced by Entercom and syndicated though Westwood One.
5. Daly was born in Santa Monica, California, the son of Coachella Valley TV personality Pattie Daly Caruso, and car salesman Jim Daly.
6. His mother is from Fayetteville, North Carolina.
7. His father died from bladder cancer when Carson was a boy, and his mother married Richard Caruso.
8. Daly attended Santa Monica High School and was a member of the school’s golf team before graduating in 1991.
9. He attended Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles and dropped out to pursue a pro golf career.
10. He is of Irish descent and has worked with Guinness on local “Proposition 3-17” to make Saint Patrick’s Day an official holiday.
11. Daly served as an intern to Jimmy Kimmel in radio.
12. He began his radio career at College of the Desert and as an intern at the former KCMJ FM under the name “Kid Carson”.
13. Daly began his broadcasting career at the radio station KOME in San Jose, California.
14. Daly was then given the 6-10 PM time slot at KOME’s sister station KROQ in Los Angeles.
15. It was during Daly’s time at KROQ that MTV recruited Daly to serve as a VJ during MTV’s summer beach house programming called “Motel California.” At the end of the summer, MTV hired Daly as a permanent VJ, a position which required Daly to relocate to New York.
16. In March 2000, Tara Reid met Daly on the set of “Total Request Live,” and they began dating.
17. They shared an apartment in New York City and Daly proposed on October 29.
18. In June 2001, Reid and Daly broke off their engagement.
19. Daly became engaged to Siri Pinter, a food blogger, in 2013. Her father is actor Mark Pinter.
20. The couple married on December 23, 2015, in a small ceremony.
21. They have three children: a son, Jackson James Daly, born March 2009, and daughters Etta Jones Daly, born in September 2012, and London Rose Daly, born on August 20, 2014.
22. Daly is Catholic.
23. Daly has opened up about his struggle with generalized anxiety disorder.