Brittany Leanna Robertson, born April 18, 1990, is an American actress. She began acting as a child at the Greenville Little Theater in South Carolina, and she made her screen debut as the younger version of the title character in an episode of Sheena in 2000. Take a look below for 25 more interesting and fascinating facts about Britt Robertson.
1. She made a guest appearance on Power Rangers Time Force in 2001 and received a Young Artist Award nomination for Best Performance in a TV Movie, Miniseries, or Special – Leading Young Actress for her role in The Ghost Club.
2. Robertson went on to have roles in Growing Pains: Return of the Seavers, Keeping Up with the Steins, Dan in Real Life, the Tenth Circle, Mother and Child, Avalon High, Scream 4 and The First Time.
3. She played the lead role of Lux Cassidy in the television drama series Life Unexpected, which was cancelled in its second season despite positive reviews.
4. She had a leading role in the supernatural teen drama television series The Secret Circle, but it was also cancelled after its first season.
5. In 2013, Robertson landed a role in the main cast of the science fiction mystery television series Under the Dome, which she played until 2014.
6. She had roles in the movies Delivery Man and Ask Me Anything, for which she won the Best Actress award at the Nashville Film Festival, and she was awarded the Boston Film Festival Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in White Rabbit.
7. She got wider recognition in 2015 after getting the role of Sophia Danko in The Longest Ride and Casey Newton in Tomorrowland.
8. For her role as Sophia Dank in The Longest Ride, Robertson was nominated for the Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actress – Drama.
9. For her role as Casey Newton in Tomorrowland, Robertson was nominated for the Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actress – Sci-Fi/Fantasy.
11. In 2017, she starred in the science fiction romance movie The Space Between Us and in the comedy-drama movie A Dog’s Purpose.
12. In 2017, Robertson headlined the Netflix comedy television series Girlboss, portraying a fictionalized version of self-made millionaire Sophia Amoruso.
13. Robertson was born in Charlotte, North Carolina, to Beverly and Ryan Robertson, who was a restaurant owner.
14. She grew up in Greenville, South Carolina.
15. Britt Robertson is the oldest of seven children. Her mother and stepfather have three children, and her father and stepmother also have three children.
16. When she was 14 years old, Robertson moved from North Carolina to Los Angeles to audition for television pilots. Her grandmother Shuler Robertson came with her.
17. Robertson said that she and her grandmother would knit together during down-time on set.
18. Robertson has been living by herself since her grandmother returned to North Carolina when Robertson was 16 years old.
19. She stayed in Chester, South Carolina, with her grandparents, Shuler and Jerry, for a couple of months while filming The Ghost Club.
20. She was considered one of the 55 faces of the future by Nylon Magazine’s Young Hollywood Issue.
21. Robertson has been dating actor Dylan O’Brien since they met on the set of The First Time in 2011.
22. Robertson first appeared before an audience when performing various roles on stage at the Greenville Little Theater in her home town.
23. When Robertson was 12 years old, she began making extended trips to Los Angeles to audition for roles in television series and landed roles in a television pilot for a series which was never picked up by a network.
24. Her first big break came when she was selected to play Michelle Seaver in the Growing Pains: Return of the Seavers.
25. Robertson appeared in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in the episode “Go to Hell”, and had a role as a recurring character in the CBS television series Swingtown.