Jennifer Joanna Aniston is an American actress, producer and businesswoman. She’s the daughter of Greek-born John Aniston and American actress Nancy Dow. Aniston gained worldwide recognition for portraying Rachel Green on the television sitcom Friends, a role which earned her a Primetime Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award. Take a look below for 30 more fun and interesting facts about Jennifer Aniston.
1. Aniston’s box office hits include Bruce Almighty, The Break-Up, Marley & Me, Just Go With It, Horrible Bosses and We’re the Miller, each of which have grossed over $200 million worldwide.
2. Her most critically acclaimed roles included the role of Olivia in Friend with Money, The Good Girl, for which she was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead, and the drama Cake, for which she received nominations for the Golden Globe Award and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Actress.
3. In 2008, she co-founded the production company Echo Films.
4. In 2012, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
5. She is one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood, and as of 2017, her net worth is estimated to be $200 million.
6. Divorced from actor Brad Pitt, to whom she was married for five years, Aniston has been married to actor Justin Theroux since 2015.
7. She has a bad habit of twirling her hair. She’s said, “I used to do it to the point where I would twirl [the hair by my face] so much that I had no hair left. So now I move my twirls.”
8. She worked as a telemarketer, waitress and bike messenger to support her acting career.
9. She appeared in the 1990 television series Molloy and the 1993 horror movie Leprechaun.
10. Aniston appeared in Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers’ music video for the 1996 song “Walls.”
11. Aniston tends to to stick to what she knows when it comes to style. She’s said, “What works for me as far as my style is usually that I don’t change it very often. I just try to stay really comfortable. I don’t try and follow trends because it just always feels inauthentic somehow.”
12. When she was 11 years old, her painting was displayed in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
13. She met her ex-husband, Brad Pitt, on a blind date. Brad and Jen reportedly met back in 1998 after both of their agents set them up on a blind date.
14. Aniston was considered for the role of Rose Dewitt Bukater in James Cameron’s Titanic.
15. While she was at school, Aniston thought that she was stupid but she was later diagnosed as dyslexic.
16. She swears by steaming to get her best glow. She’s said, “I always give myself a good steam. A hot steam, or I have an infrared hot box that I love that always gives me an extra boost or an extra glow to my skin … I usually do it right after my work out.”
17. Chris McMillan, who managed Aniston’s hair for more than a decade when she portrayed Rachel on Friends, admitted that he was stoned when he cut her hair into the iconic “Rachel” haircut.
18. She considered giving up acting after completing her first horror movie, Leprechaun.
19. She prefers salty over sweet as her cheat meal. She’s said, “Whatever my guilty pleasure in terms of a greasy meal or some sort of saucy, salty or savory. I’m not much of a sweets persons, so my treat would never really be sweets.”
20. Aniston became estranged from her own mother, who published an unflattering memoir about her in 1999. When Aniston’s mother published From Mother and Daughter to Friends: A Memoir, Jennifer was so furious about the betrayal that she refused to invite her mother to her wedding to Brad Pitt.
21. She has never seen her own wedding photos.
22. Aniston was Ellen‘s first guest for the very first episode of The Ellen Show, in 2003.
23. Aniston has said that if she had not become an actress she would have become a therapist.
24. Her heritage is Greek, Scottish and English. She grew up living in both Greece and New York City.
25. When she was a young girl, Aniston got a part as an extra in one of the soap operas her father was working on.
26. Aniston knew from a young age that she wanted to be an actress. She went to the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts, and focused all her efforts on the drama club.
27. When she was a teenager, she landed the role of Jeanie Bueller in the TV version of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. However, the show didn’t do very well and was canceled mid-season.
28. When Aniston got her first paycheck as a professional actress, she went out and bought herself a vintage Mercedes.
29. When her parents divorced, her father married actress Sherry Rooney in 1984. Rooney played Mrs. Plenn on the TV show Doogie Howser, MD.
30. In the last three seasons of Friends, Aniston was making $1 million per episode.