Margaret Grace Denig, born September 21, 1983, is an American actress and model. She’s best known for her roles as Shannon Rutherford on ABC television series Lost and Kim Mills in the Taken trilogy. She has also appeared on The Twilight Saga as Irina. Take a look below for 28 more interesting and awesome facts about Maggie Grace.
1. Originally from Worthington, Ohio, Grace went on to earn a Young Artist Award nomination in 2002 with her portrayal of 15 year old murder victim Martha Moxley in the television movie Murder in Greenwich.
2. In 2004, Grace was cast as Shannon Rutherford in the television series Lost, on which she was a main cast member for the first two seasons, winning a Screen Actors Guild Award shared with the ensemble cast.
3. She was born in Worthington, Ohio, the daughter of Valinn and Fred Denig, who raw a family jewelry business.
4. Her family lived in a 200 year old house, the first saltbox house in central Ohio.
5. Grace went to Worthington Christian School from kindergarten through ninth grade and briefly attended Thomas Worthington High School, where she began acting in school plays and community theater.
6. When she was in high school, she acted in a 2000 Gallery Players production of The Crucible, at a local Jewish Community Center.
7. As a child, Grace was a big reader and self described “Shakespeare nerd”, telling the LA Times that at the age of 13 she, “was really into Jane Austen, kind of like how some kids are into Star Trek.”
8. Grace got an agent within a week of moving to Los Angeles and enrolling in acting classes.
9. She got her first role in Rachel’s Room, a 2001 web based video series about the affairs inside a teenage girl’s bedroom that was created by Dawson’s Creek executive producer Paul Stupin.
10. She was named number 27 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
11. She and her lost co-star Emilie de Ravin both guest-starred in CSI: Miami, but not in the same episode.
12. She was named number 44 in FHM’s 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005 special supplement.
13. Grace was considered for the role of Kitty Pryde in X-Men: The Last Stand.
14. She has a cat named Roo, which she found on the set of Lost.
15. Grace made guest appearances in two Lost spoof videos, for NFL Monday Night Football and Nobody’s Watching.
16. She still has the same car that she bought when she was 18 years old.
17. She has kept a journal since she was 12 years old.
18. Grace is good friends with Emilie de Ravin.
19. Her breakout role was on 2002’s television movie Murder in Greenwich, which was based on the true story of 15 year old Martha Moxley’s murder.
20. She featured in minor roles on television series CSI: Miami, The Lyon’s Den, Miracle, Like Family, Cold Case and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and the movies Twelve Mile Road and Creature Unknown.
21. In February 2017, Grace became engaged to Brent Bushnell. They were married on May 28, 2017.
22. Grace often credits her mother as her source of inspiration. When asked about her closest friend, she said that she and her mother were more like sisters and that she’s, “lucky to have an exceptionally cool mom.”
23. Grace is a self-proclaimed Anglophile, having written to a pen pal in the Lake District from the age of eight, having first visited England at the age of 13, and admiring a number of English poets as well as William Shakespeare.
24. She calls herself very clumsy, claiming to trip over her legs all the time, and was jokingly nicknamed “Maggie Graceless” by one of her former castmates.
25. In 2018, she joined the cast of Fear the Walking Dead.
26. She made her first appearance as a guest star in the Showtime series Californication in January, 2013, where she plays a groupie and muse to the rock and roll world as well as the personal interest of Hank Moody.
27. In December 2012, Grace announced that she would be making her Broadway debt in Picnic. The play opened for previews on December 14, running at the American Airlines Theater. Sebastian Stan co-starred with her in the Pulitzer Prize winning play.
28. Grace’s busy schedule prevented her from returning as Shannon from Lost in the episode “LA X”, the season premiere for Lost’s sixth and final season, but she eventually returned for the series finale “The End.”