Breloom is a dual type Grass and Fighting Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Shroomish starting at level 23. Take a look below for 25 fun and interesting facts about Breloom.
1. Breloom is a bipedal, mushroom like Pokemon with some kangaroo-like qualities.
2. Most of its body is green, but its head to its neck and its tail are beige.
3. On top of its head is a green, mushroom-like cap with beige gills underneath and a round, red berry-like growth with a hole in the middle on either side.
4. It has oval, black eyes, a beak-like mouth, and frilled segments around the base of its neck.
5. There are two red claws on each of its hands and feet.
6. At the end of its tail, there are seed clusters made of hardened toxic spores that are horrible to eat.
7. Breloom can stretch its short arms to deliver fast punches. Additionally, it has light, springy footwork that allows it to get close to opponents.
8. Another way it closes in on opponents is by incapacitating them with spores released from the holes in its cap.
9. Its technique is equal to that of professional boxers.
10. It prefers to live in tropical forests, where it feeds on decomposing trees and plants.
11. Breloom and its pre-evolved form share their species name with Paras, Parasect, Foongus, and Amoonguss. They are all known as the Mushroom Pokémon.
12. Breloom is based on a mushroom, specially agaric types.
13. Because many of Breloom’s localized names seem to reference hats, its Fighting type might be related to various sorts of traditional Asian hats, some used by monks, samurais, and soldiers.
14. Since Breloom’s body structure resembles that of a kangaroo, its Fighting type could also be related to the boxing kangaroo.
15. The shapes of its head and tail resemble that of the armored dinosaurs Pachycephalosaurus and Ankylosaurus, respectively.
16. Breloom may be a combination of umbrella and mushroom. In Latin, bellum means war, perhaps a nod to its Fighting type.
17. Breloom appeared in A Shroomish Skirmish, where they attacked Ash and his friends after evolving from Shroomish and were furious at Team Rocket for stealing their food. May’s newly evolved Combusken took on the leader Breloom in a vicious hand-to-hand fight and suddenly declared a truce between them, saving the day.
18. A Breloom debuted in Journey to the Unown!, under the ownership of Kenny. It was used in a battle against Ash’s Turtwig. It reappeared in Team Shocker!, where it was used during the Solaceon Town Pokémon Contest. Breloom’s performance in the Appeals Round advanced Kenny to the Contest Battles.
19. A wild male Breloom appeared in A Windswept Encounter!. He was in love with an Orange Flower Floette and had three Beedrill followers. He fought against Noibat over the Floette, who didn’t reciprocate his feelings, but later worked together with Noibat to defeat Team Rocket.
20. Multiple Breloom debuted in a cameo in Jirachi: Wish Maker as some of the residents of Forina, Jirachi’s home.
21. A Breloom appeared in a flashback in Poetry Commotion!.
22. A Breloom appeared in the opening sequence of Where’s Armaldo?.
23. A Coordinator’s Breloom appeared in Deceit and Assist.
24. A Trainer’s Breloom appeared in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, where it battled Ash’s Pikachu during the Rota tournament.
25. A Breloom made a cameo in Numero Uno Articuno, under the ownership of Noland. It was among the Pokémon residing at the Battle Factory.