Combusken is a dual type Fire and Fighting Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Torchic starting at level 16 and evolves into Blaziken starting at level 36. Take a look below for 23 amazing and interesting facts about Combusken.
1. Combusken is a bipedal, chicken like Pokemon.
2. Most of Combusken’s upper body is yellow, while most of the lower body is orange.
3. An orange, pointed design adorns the center of its waist at the dividing line of the two colors.
4. It has orange eyes and short, wide beak.
5. There is a feather crest on top of its head with three orange points.
6. This crest is smaller on female Combusken.
7. Its tail is short and pointed.
8. It has three, sharp claws at the ends of its long arms, and scaly, gray legs with well-developed thighs covered in shaggy feathers.
9. Because of the training Combusken does by running through its grassland habitat, these legs are capable of delivering a barrage of kicks.
10. While it is fighting, it is noisy and produces sharp cries that distract and intimidate its opponent.
11. Combusken begins a tradition of Fire/Fighting starter evolutions that would persist through Generations IV and V.
12. Combusken is probably based on a cockfighting chicken. It may also be based on the basan, a legendary fire-breathing chicken.
13. Combusken is a combination of combustion and chicken. It may also involve combat.
14. May’s Torchic evolved into a Combusken in A Shroomish Skirmish, and then into a Blaziken in Once More with Reeling!
15. Combusken physically debuted in Having a Wailord of a Time. The Nurse Joy of Slateport City was keeping a Torchic, Treecko, and Mudkip for Stephanie, who was going to start being a Trainer. However, the Torchic evolved into Combusken due to gaining too much experience, and it had to be hidden. After Combusken saved a Wailord, Nurse Joy decided to keep it as a guard for her Pokémon Center.
16. Combusken debuted in A Bite to Remember as an image in the Pokédex.
17. A Combusken appeared in a flashback in Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs (Part 2).
18. Two Trainers’ Combusken appeared in A Crowning Moment of Truth!. They were among the Pokémon attending the Wela Fire Festival.
19. A Combusken appeared in the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Animated Trailer, under the ownership of May. It evolved from Torchic and later evolved into Blaziken, which was capable of Mega Evolving.
20. May owns a Combusken in Ash & Pikachu.
21. Sapphire’s Torchic evolved into a Combusken before her challenge of Brawly in Mashing Makuhita, and won against his Hariyama even after her partner Rono had nearly collapsed. After undergoing much training and being used in fights against the likes of Team Aqua and in friendly bouts against Flannery, she evolved again to a Blaziken battling Winona, though she failed to win.
22. Multiple Combusken were used by Team Galactic Grunts in Exit Empoleon and Cooling Off Heatran.
23. A Combusken appeared in Introducing the Frontier Brains!.