Donald John Trump was born and grew up in the New York City borough of Queens. He’s currently the 45th President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality. He has an economics degree from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and has followed his grandmother, Elizabeth, and father, Fred, in running the family real estate business. Take a look below for 30 more fascinating and interesting facts about Donald Trump.
1. Even before he became the president, Trump was widely known in America due to his show The Apprentice, which catapulted him to world fame.
2. Even though Trump’s parents were wealthy, all of their children had after school jobs when they were young.
3. In second grade, Trump was sure that his music teacher didn’t know what she was talking about, so he punched him in the face. The teacher ended up with a black eye and Trump was almost expelled.
4. As a teenger, he would regularly get into trouble, which is why his parents sent him to military school.
5. In 2000, he ran for president under the Reform Party. He also wanted Oprah Winfrey as his running mate.
6. Trump admits that he has a big ego. According to him, every successful person has it.
7. When they were children, Trump and his siblings were not allowed to have pets.
8. When he was a child, Trump attended Kew Forest, a private school. He finished in the bottom half of his elementary school class and got into trouble regularly. His sister Maryanne even noted that during this time, Trump was a brat.
9. As a child, Trump asked to borrow his brother’s blocks to build a bigger skyscraper. After finishing his skyscraper, he glued the pieces together so he wouldn’t have to give the blocks back.
10. In 2007, Trump dumped thousands of dollars from the rafter of a WWF event to upstage Vince McMahon. After that, the “Battle of Billionaires” took place with Trump winning and then shaving McMahon’s head.
11. After watching his older brother, Freddy, struggle with addiction, Trump chose not to smoke or drink.
12. After college in 1968, Trump’s doctor diagnosed him with bone spurs in his heels, granting him a 1-Y medical deferment from the Vietnam War.
13. Even though he has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy 6 times, he has never filed for personal bankruptcy.
14. In 1973, The U.S. Justice Department filed a lawsuit against the Trump organization for discriminating against African Americans; however, the case was settled out of court.
15. Trump always speaks highly about his parents. He has noted, “My father was always the power and breadwinner, and my mother was the perfect housewife.”
16. The first Trump Tower was built by about 200 illegal Polish workers who worked 12 hour shifts and were paid about $4 and $5 per hour.
17. Trump is terrified of going bald and considers it a sign of weakness. He has once stated that, “the worst thing a man can do is go bald.”
18. In 2007, he received his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his role in NBC’s The Apprentice.
19. At 70 years old, Trump is the oldest person ever to assume the presidency.
20. Trump is the first billionaire president of the United States.
21. Trump has admitted that he dislikes shaking hands, stating that it’s, “one of the curses of American society.” He’s such a germaphobe that he doesn’t even like pushing the ground floor elevator button because it has so many germs on it.
22. Trump’s paternal side is from Germany, while his maternal side is from Scotland. His father was one of the biggest and most successful real estate developers in New York City.
23. His family were originally Lutherans, but his parents belong to the Reformed Church in America.
24. His last name was originally spelled “Drumpf” or “Drumpft”; however, it changed into Trump during the Thirty Years war in the 17th century.
25. Trump has made cameo appearances in 12 movies and 14 television series. He also played an oil tycoon in The Little Rascals and has been nominated for 2 Emmy Awards.
26. In 1987, Trump bought what was then the world’s third largest yacht, which he named the Trump Princess, for $29 million. However, he never spent a night on the yacht, admitting that it makes him nervous to relax.
27. In 1988, he bought the world famous Plaza Hotel in New York City. The hotel was built in 1907 and was also the setting for the famous Eloise children’s book series by Kay Thompson. It’s also been used for several movies, such as Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.
28. Trump says that he works about 85 hours per week. It’s been reported that he sleeps about 4 hours a night, usually from about 1AM to 5AM.
29. He has been on the board of directors for several charitable organizations, including the Police Athletic League and the United Cerebral Palsy.
30. In 1999, Trump proposed a one time tax of 14.25% on individuals with a networth of $10 or more. He claimed that it would raise $5.7 trillion, which can wipe out the national debt.
Pingback:February 22, 2018 at 3:50 am
Pingback:May 18, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Pingback:June 13, 2018 at 1:06 pm
Pingback:June 25, 2018 at 1:10 pm
Allen ReedFebruary 17, 2021 at 5:03 pm
Someone should find out why he looks 74 although mentally he seams like he is still stuck at age 5. So much senseless name calling and whining when he doesn’t get what he wants. Typical rich brat like his sister stated.