Shroomish is a Grass type Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves into Breloom starting at level 23. Take a look below for 26 fun and fascinating facts about Shroomish.
1. Shroomish is a small Pokemon similar to a mushroom.
2. It has beady black eyes and a half-triangle-shaped mouth.
3. Its upper body is beige with frilled segments along the bottom and a small opening at the top.
4. There are green spots marking its upper body, while its lower body is completely green.
5. It has small, round feet and no visible arms or hands.
6. When it senses danger, it shakes its body and scatters toxic spores from the top of its head.
7. These spores can make trees and weeds wilt and cause whole body pain if inhaled.
8. Shroomish lives in tropical forests.
9. During the day, it hides under fallen leaves in the shade.
10. It eats composted soil in forests, which is made up of fallen, rotten leaves.
11. Shroomish and its evolved form share their species name with Paras, Parasect, Foongus, and Amoonguss. They are all known as the Mushroom Pokémon.
12. Shroomish is based on a mushroom, possibly a puffball or earth star. Between its egg-like shape, its color scheme matching that of a Pokémon Egg almost exactly, and its evolved form’s resemblance to certain dinosaurs, Shroomish may also have been based on a dinosaur egg.
13. Shroomish is derived from mushroom and the suffix ish (almost like) or skirmish (Shroomish’s evolved form is a Fighting-type Pokémon).
14. Multiple Shroomish appeared in Taming of the Shroomish. Ash and his friends saved them from having the abandoned mansion they called home from being destroyed, with the help of Alex, the grandson of the mansion’s owner.
15. A Shroomish appeared in Cheer Pressure, under the ownership of Sheridan. Along with Roselia, Vileplume, and Makuhita, it was part of his cheering squad. Sheridan later assigned it to heal James’s Cacnea and Jessie’s Seviper with Helping Hand.
16. Several Shroomish that Team Rocket angered evolved into Breloom in A Shroomish Skirmish.
17. A group of Shroomish appeared in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Team Go-Getters Out of the Gate!. Team Go-Getters tried to sneak past them while they were sleeping, but Squirtle bumped into one and thus awoke all of them. As a result, the Shroomish used Poison Powder on them and pursued them before being scared away by Charmander’s Ember and Flamethrower.
18. Four Shroomish debuted in Johto Photo Finish, where they were seen in Harrison’s explanation of the Hoenn region.
19. Multiple Shroomish appeared in A Bite to Remember.
20. A Shroomish appeared in A Corphish Out of Water.
21. A Shroomish appeared in A Meditite Fight.
22. A Coordinator’s Shroomish appeared in Now That’s Flower Power!.
23. A Shroomish appeared in the opening sequence of Jirachi: Wish Maker.
24. A Coordinator’s Shroomish appeared in Win, Lose or Drew!, where it was seen competing in the Slateport Contest.
25. A Shroomish appeared in Take the Lombre Home.
26. A Shroomish appeared in A Double Dilemma as a resident of North Petalburg.