Miltank is a Normal type Pokemon introduced in Generation II. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokemon, but it is considered to be a counterpart of Tauros. Take a look below for 25 fun and fascinating facts about Miltank.
1. Miltank is a bipedal, bovine Pokemon, which can only be female.
2. Its body is mostly pink, with a yellow belly and black, angular markings along its back.
3. A black hood-like marking surrounds its face with a pink, triangular mark on its forehead.
4. There are two small horns on top of its head.
5. It has large, blue eyes, a black nose, and a wide mouth, as well as long, black, floppy ears with yellow insides.
6. Miltank has a yellow udder with four pink teats.
7. All four of its limbs end in black, cloven hooves, and its long tail is tipped with a black sphere.
8. In The Young Flame Strikes Back!, a smaller Miltank was shown without any horns or teats, implying that this is what young Miltank look like.
9. Until Generation VI, Miltank was the only known Pokémon that could learn Milk Drink.
10. The milk that it produces is sweet and very nutritious, and can be used to heal Pokémon and ill or weary humans.
11. Drinking a large amount of Miltank’s milk will cause an animal or person to gain weight.
12. The taste and nutrition of its milk improves with the quality of the pastures it lives in.
13. It can produce over five gallons of milk per day, which in turn can be turned into yogurt or enjoyed unchanged by children and adults alike.
14. Miltank lives in grasslands, and is also raised on farms.
15. Miltank can be seen as a counterpart to Tauros. Both are bovine-like Pokémon with the same base stat total. While Miltank is a female-only species, Tauros is a male-only species.
16. Despite not being associated with a certain group, both Miltank and Tauros are listed in the same Pokédex page in Pokémon Sun and Moon and Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. The same trait is true with Oranguru and Passimian.
17. Miltank’s Silver and FireRed Pokédex entries imply that Miltank gives live birth like real-world mammals, despite the fact that Pokémon reproduce via Eggs.
18. Miltank is based on dairy cows. It shares some traits mainly with Jersey cattle and Holstein Friesian cattle.
19. Miltank is a combination of milk and tank (a storage container for liquid). Tank may also refer to its tank-like defense stats.
20. Whitney’s Miltank debuted in A Goldenrod Opportunity and A Dairy Tale Ending, where she was used in a Gym battle against Ash’s Pokémon.
21. Multiple Miltank appeared in A Dairy Tale Ending, under the ownership of Whitney’s uncle Milton. They live at his farm, where he milks them and uses their milk to make his own dairy products, such as cheese and yogurt.
22. A Miltank appeared in Got Miltank? as an inhabitant of a Pokémon-exclusive oasis. She served as a head of security of sorts for the oasis.
23. A wild Miltank appeared in Pokémon Ranger: Deoxys Crisis (Part 1), where Solana used her Capture Styler to receive her assistance in putting a Deoxys in Normal Forme.
24. Four Miltank appeared in Tanks for the Memories!. One was under Autumn’s ownership, being nicknamed “Ilta”. Two others were under Summer’s ownership, and another one was under Spring’s ownership.
25. Multiple Miltank appeared in Bulbasaur… the Ambassador! as residents of Professor Oak’s Laboratory.