Magby is a Fire type baby Pokemon introduced in Generation II. It evolves into Magmar starting at level 30, which evolves into Magmortar when traded holding a Magmarizer. Take a look below for 23 awesome and interesting facts about Magby.
1. Magby is a bipedal Pokemon that has a red body with a yellow, flame shaped marking on its stomach.
2. Its head is covered with large lumps, and it has a rounded, yellow beak.
3. There is a single spike on its back and it has a tapered tail.
4. Its short arms have three clawed fingers, while its feet have only two clawed toes.
5. Magby can breathe 1100 °F (600 °C) flames, and hot embers drip from its mouth.
6. Its health is determined by these flames.
7. Yellow flames show that a Magby is in good health, while flames mixed with a lot of smoke is symptomatic of fatigue, and flames dripping from its nose is a sign of a cold.
8. Magby’s volcanic habitat ensures its health. However, it can be seen living in towns.
9. Magby has the lowest possible maximum Performance in any given stat of any Pokémon, only capable of reaching 3 stars in any of its five stats.
10. Magby seems to be a combination of a booby or duck with a mythical salamander. The spike on its back gives it a resemblance to a baby iguana.
11. Magby is a combination of magma (intrusive molten rock) and baby or booby.
12. Magby debuted in Pikachu & Pichu as one of the Pichu Brothers’ friends. It made further appearances in Trouble in Big Town, Of Meowth and Pokémon, Big Meowth, Little Dreams, and Pichu Bros. in Party Panic; and it also made a brief cameo appearance in Giratina and the Sky Warrior.
13. Magby made its main series debut in You’re A Star, Larvitar, under the ownership of Satchel. Satchel was trying to get it to evolve into Magmar in time for the Silver Conference, and he eventually succeeded. It reappeared in the next episode, where it was part of an Unown‘s dimension.
14. A Magby appeared in Gonna Rule The School!, under the ownership of the Pokémon Trainers’ School. Tommy, a student of the school, was training with it. He used Magby during a battle against Max, who was training a Poliwag.
15. A Magby appeared in An Elite Coverup!, under the ownership of Roland. It had been captured by Team Rocket, who tricked Roland into thinking they could help raise it and evolve it. However, it was eventually rescued.
16. A Magby appeared in You Said a Mouthful!, under the ownership of Anthony. It was kept inside Pelipper’s beak as an effective way to use its attacks to defeat Pokémon, which included Ash’s Taillow and a Trainer’s Zigzagoon.
17. A Trainer’s Magby appeared in Off the Unbeaten Path, where it was seen participating in the Pokémon Orienteering competition.
18. A Magby appeared in a flashback in Mutiny in the Bounty! as one of J‘s captured Pokémon.
19. A Coordinator’s Magby appeared in Dressed for Jess Success!, where it was seen participating in the Lilypad Contest.
20. A Magby appeared in A Marathon Rivalry!, under the ownership of a competitor in the Pokéathlon held in Camellia Town.
21. A Magby appeared in I Choose You!, where it was playfully chasing a Chikorita.
22. A Trainer’s Magby appeared in Sours for the Sweet!. It was seen using Flamethrower during the Alola Bread Festival.
23. Six Trainers’ Magby appeared in The Power of Us.