Chatot is a dual type Normal and Flying Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokemon. Take a look below for 25 fascinating and interesting facts about Chatot.
1. Chatot is an avian Pokemon similar to a parakeet.
2. Its head is black and resembles an eighth note, while its black tail resembles a metronome.
3. It plumage is brightly colored with blue wings, a yellow chest and feet, a green stomach, and a pink, hooked beak and eyelids.
4. Additionally, there is a ruff of white feathers around its neck.
5. This Pokémon’s tongue is similar to a human’s, allowing it to imitate human speech.
6. Chatot is also able to mimic the cries of other Pokémon, and uses this ability as a defense mechanism.
7. Chatot uses the sounds it has learned and arranges them into its own melody, and flicks its tail to keep rhythm.
8. Chatot is the only known Pokémon that learns Chatter.
9. Prior to Generation VI, Chatot is the only Pokémon whose cry is not altered when it faints or is sent out with a status condition.
10. Despite having significantly higher Special Attack and Speed stats, Chatot awards EV points in Attack.
11. In Generation IV, a person in Eterna City will trade a Chatot in return for a Buizel, and the Chatot’s nickname is Charap, a mixture of its English and Japanese names. If this Pokémon is traded to X or Y, the game will recognize the Chatot to be Japanese.
12. Chatot is the only non-Legendary Pokémon, barring Phione, to be banned from Generation V’s Global Battle Union, likely owing to complications caused by Chatter.
13. Chatot closely resembles a masked lovebird, a species of small parrot. It also resembles a blue-and-yellow macaw, with the head crest of some cockatiel and cockatoo species. Its head looks like an eighth note, and its tail resembles a metronome. Additionally, its white neck feathers resemble a collar.
14. Chatot is a combination of chat and parrot.
15. Chatot was Wigglytuff‘s assistant at Wigglytuff’s Guild in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Darkness and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky – Beyond Time & Darkness. He was one of the two Pokémon (the other being Corphish) who kicked Team Razor Wind out of their guild.
16. A Chatot nicknamed Casey appeared in Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea, under the ownership of the Phantom. It was kept as the Phantom’s pet rather than as a battling Pokémon. Casey later abandoned him and sided with Jack Walker.
17. Chatot made its main series debut in Strategy Tomorrow – Comedy Tonight, under the ownership of Ada. It had a habit of flying away from Ada and traveling to a local hospital to entertain the children there. It was always seen outside its Poké Ball.
18. A Chatot appeared in Pikachu’s Island Adventure, where it, along with a Hariyama and Exploud, assisted Meowth and his cronies in claiming an island and kicking out its current residents. As a result, Pikachu and his friends agreed to help the original resident Pokémon reclaim the island.
19. A Chatot appeared in All Dressed Up With Somewhere To Go!, where it was the previous year’s champion of the Pokémon Dress-Up Contest. It was revealed to have won that competition by singing like a Jigglypuff and a Lapras.
20. A Chatot, nicknamed “Buddy”, appeared in Stealing the Conversation! as a partner of an Officer Jenny. In the episode, it was kidnapped by Team Rocket.
21. Chatot debuted in Pikachu’s Ocean Adventure.
22. A flock of Chatot appeared in Following a Maiden’s Voyage!.
23. A Coordinator’s Chatot appeared in Staging a Heroes’ Welcome!, where it was participating in the Performance Stage of the Wallace Cup.
24. A Chatot appeared in Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!.
25. A Chatot appeared in Going for the Gold!, under the ownership of an old man.