Giuliana Rancic is an Italian-American entertainment reporter and television personality. She is a co-anchor of E! News. Take a look below for 24 more fun and fascinating facts about Giuliana Rancic.
1. Rancic was born in Naples, Italy, and immigrated to the United States with her family at the age of seven.
2. Her father was a tailor who owned a store in White Flint Mall, and they lived nearby in Bethesda, Maryland; Rancic went to Walt Whitman High School, where she was a cheerleader.
3. She had surgery to correct her scoliosis when she was 21.
4. She received a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Maryland, College Park, and a master’s degree in journalism from American University.
5. During this time, she worked for a Capitol Hill news bureau covering stories related to the U.S. government.
6. Rancic also graduated from Barbizon Modeling and Acting School.
7. Rancic joined E! network’s E! News as a reporter in 2002 and became an anchor in 2005.
8. Over the years, she has shared co-hosting responsibilities with Ryan Seacrest, Terrence J, and Jason Kennedy.
9. Rancic won the 2014 Daytime Emmy Award for Fan Favorite.
10. She co-hosts E!’s Fashion Police and often co-hosts red carpet events for award shows, such as the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards.
11. She is the creator and executive producer of MTV’s Celebrity Rap Superstar, which premiered in 2007.
12. She and her husband, Bill Rancic, star in the reality television show Giuliana and Bill which aired on E!.
13. In February 2015, Rancic faced backlash over her controversial comments about synthetic dreadlocks worn by Zendaya at the Oscars, remarking that the hair looked like it smelled of “patchouli and weed”.
14. In August 2011, Rancic and her husband announced plans to open a restaurant in partnership with Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises. The restaurant was named RPM Italian, with a menu including dishes inspired by Rancic’s mother, “Mama DePandi,” and it opened in the River North district of Chicago in February 2012.
15. The partnership opened several more restaurants, including RPM Steak in Chicago, another RPM Italian in Washington, D.C., and a planned RPM On the Water opening in 2019 in Chicago.
16. In 2013, Giuliana launched her clothing line, G by Giuliana, on HSN, a hugely successful line on HSN.
17. In 2013, Rancic, who has a history of breast cancer, founded Fab-U-Wish, a charity that grants wishes to women undergoing breast cancer treatment.
18. On December 15, 2006, Giuliana and Bill Rancic announced their engagement. They were married on September 1, 2007, in a ceremony on Capri at Sancta Sophia Church in Anacapri.
19. The two have publicly discussed their fertility issues on television talk shows, having tried to conceive since approximately the beginning of 2009.
20. On October 17, 2011, during an interview on Today, Rancic announced she had been diagnosed with early stage breast cancer, for which she would be treated with a double lumpectomy, followed by radiation.
21. She underwent surgery in mid-October 2011 and returned to work at E! News about a week later.
22. On December 5, 2011, Rancic disclosed she had decided to undergo a bilateral mastectomy.
23. On April 23, 2012, Giuliana and Bill announced on The Today Show that they were expecting their first child via a gestational surrogate. Their son was born in late August 2012.
24. The Rancic family owns homes in Chicago, Illinois and Brentwood, California, and a vacation home on Lake Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.