Sandaconda is a Ground-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It evolves from Silicobra starting at level 36. Sandaconda has a Gigantamax form. Take a look below for 24 awesome and fascinating facts about Sandaconda.
1. Sandaconda is a tan serpent Pokemon with a black and brown pattern resembling cracked earth.
2. Around its neck is a dark brown ring, its neck pouch, featuring the same pattern as the rest of its long body, which is coiled in a spiral shape.
3. It has lime green eyes with red bags underneath them and a snout with two prominent nostrils and two fangs.
4. Sandaconda uses its inflated sand pouch to protect its head from harm.
5. The pouch can store up to 220 pounds of sand for a time.
6. The pouch is very elastic and thick to the point a Durant‘s pincers cannot harm it.
7. Sandaconda can contract its body to spray the sand stored in the pouch through its nose with tremendous force, and its unique method of coiling allows it to blast its sand more efficiently.
8. The sand is mixed with sharp pieces of gravel, making it so dangerous that just coming in contact with it will cause lacerations.
9. While Sandaconda may act tough and confident, it will become timid and cowardly the moment it runs out of sand.
10. Sandaconda is a natural predator of Durant.
11. As Gigantamax Sandaconda, it becomes larger and standing on its tail like a cobra.
12. The body, decorated by brown and black diamond markings, has coiled around with the head and neck in middle to resemble that of a tornado.
13. The neck pouch enlarges and becomes a swirling mass of mottled brown sand.
14. Three red clouds float above its head and its eye color changes to bright red.
15. When Gigantamaxed, the sand overflows from the pouch and forms a ring around Sandaconda’s neck, with total amount of sand swirling around its body now reaching 1,000,000 tons.
16. Gigantamax Sandaconda resembles an enormous tornado, and it attacks by spinning its body at high speeds, causing the sand to move at incredible speeds and inflicting massive damage to anything that touches it.
17. It is powerful enough to pulverize a skyscraper in this way.
18. Gigantamax Sandaconda is the only known Pokémon capable of using the exclusive G-Max Move G-Max Sandblast.
19. Sandaconda appears to be based on an anaconda, though it may also be based on various desert-dwelling snakes, such as the sidewinder, a snake that uses coiling and rippling motions to travel across sandy dunes.
20. As its Pokédex entries state that it blasts sand out of its nose, it also may be based on a double-barreled gun.
21. Sandaconda may also be based on the Ball python, a snake that’s popularly sold as a pet.
22. They get their name from their tendency to curl into a ball when stressed or frightened.
23. Its Gigantamax form may be based on a dust devil.
24. Sandaconda may be a combination of sand and anaconda.