Maractus is a Grass type Pokemon introduced in Generation V. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokemon. Take a look below for 23 fascinating and awesome facts about Maractus.
1. Maractus is a cactus like Pokemon, with large ear like extensions.
2. These extensions feature dark green spiky arrangements at the base, yellow spikes further up, and flowers, with pink petals and yellow centers, at the top.
3. It has a yellow spike on its head, yellow eyes and a spiky-looking mouth.
4. Other dark green spiky arrangements adorn its neck, the wrists of its yellow-fingered arms, and base.
5. Its base features further such green spikes arranged in a five-pointed star.
6. When Maractus moves its body rhythmically, it emits sounds reminiscent of maracas being played.
7. This allows Maractus to produce up-tempo songs and dances that it can use to scare away predators.
8. Avian Pokémon in particular may try to feed on its flower seeds.
9. Maractus live in arid regions and dry desert-like areas.
10. Maractus is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 461.
11. Maractus shares its category with Cacnea. They are both known as the Cactus Pokémon.
12. Two of Maractus’s Abilities revolve around how a real-world cactus stores water with great efficiency: Water Absorb absorbs direct damage from Water-type moves to restore health from them as well as making it immune to them, while Storm Drain draws in Water-type moves directed at another target, also making it immune.
13. Although Maractus can only be found at the Desert Resort in Generation V where a permanent sandstorm rages, it cannot have any Ability negating sandstorm damage, nor is it Rock-, Ground-, or Steel-type, and thus it is susceptible to damage by the sandstorm.
14. Maractus appears to be based on a flowering cactus, most likely the prickly pear, and a maraca. It also physically resembles a rabbit and may be a visual pun on the bunny ears cactus.
15. It also seems to be based on traditional Mexican dress styles and, due to the fact that it dances and makes maraca-like sounds, may be based on Spanish dances, possibly the Mexican version of the Cuban son cubano.
16. Maractus may be a combination of maraca and cactus.
17. Three Maractus debuted in A Maractus Musical!, under the ownership of Toby. They performed in the Pokémon Performance Competition, though they had problems with one particular performance. As a result, they were used in a Triple Battle against Ash, where they went up against Pikachu, Tepig, and Snivy to improve their skills, but to no avail. The Maractus eventually overcame this obstacle following an attack by a wild Scolipede. They were given the nicknames Marra, Racca, and Tussy.
18. A Trainer’s Maractus made a cameo appearance in Climbing the Tower of Success!.
19. A Maractus appeared in a fantasy in Clash of the Connoisseurs!.
20. A Maractus appeared in Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice during the Swords of Justice legend.
21. A Maractus appeared in Team Plasma’s Pokémon Power Plot!.
22. A Maractus appeared in Team Plasma’s Pokémon Manipulation!.
23. A Trainer’s Maractus appeared in Cilan and the Case of the Purrloin Witness! as one of the cruise ship passengers.