Tepig is a Fire type Pokemon introduced in Generation V. It evolves into Pignite starting at level 17, which evolves into Emboar starting at level 36. along with Snivy and Oshawott, Tepig is one of three starter Pokemon of Unova available at the beginning of Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, and White 2. Take a look below for 26 awesome and amazing facts about Tepig.
1. Tepig is a quadruped, pig like Pokemon that is primarily orange.
2. It has oval eyes, a pink nose, and a thick yellow stripe on its snout.
3. The upper portion of its head is dark brown, and its long, pointed ears are positioned closely together.
4. Tepig has short legs, and its front feet are dark brown.
5. A dark brown band covers its lower back and rear.
6. Its curly tail is tipped with a ruddy pink sphere.
7. Tepig is a nimble Pokémon capable of blowing fire from its snout.
8. It will cloak itself in these flames in order to use its former signature move, Heat Crash. However, it will spout thick, black smoke when ill.
9. Tepig will roast berries before eating them, but occasionally gets overexcited and burns them.
10. Tepig is the lightest Pokémon to learn Heavy Slam.
11. Tepig and its fellow Black and White starter Pokémon were first revealed as silhouettes on the May 9, 2010 episode of Pokémon Sunday. They were later completely revealed in the June 2010 issue of CoroCoro.
12. Tepig and its evolved forms were created by Lee HyunJung. They were also the first Generation V starters to be created.
13. In Pokémon Black and White, Tepig, along with Snivy and Oshawott, has the lowest experience yield of all Pokémon, with a base value of 28. This was done specifically for the first two battles of the games, so the player’s starter wouldn’t level up after defeating Bianca and thus have a level advantage over Cheren.
14. From Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 onward, their base experience yield was raised to 62 to bring them in line with the other starter Pokémon in the series.
15. Tepig is based on a British Saddleback piglet. Ken Sugimori has said that Tepig, Pignite, and Emboar were designed in a Chinese style. Because of this, Tepig may be based on Zhu Bajie, a pig demon from the Chinese tale Journey to the West.
16. Tepig is a combination of tepid (lukewarm) and pig.
17. Ash’s Tepig debuted in The Battle Club and Tepig’s Choice!. He was previously owned by an arrogant Trainer named Shamus, but was released because he lost against a Deerling during a battle. Ash caught him after gaining his trust. He later evolved in Evolution by Fire! during a battle with his former owner.
18. Tepig debuted in In the Shadow of Zekrom!, under the ownership of Professor Juniper. It was one of the starter Pokémon presented to Trip so he could choose his first Pokémon. However, he chose Snivy over Tepig.
19. A Tepig appeared in New Places… Familiar Faces!, where Nanette chose it as her starter Pokémon. It was later captured by Team Rocket, but eventually rescued.
20. Multiple Trainers’ Tepig appeared in A Connoisseur’s Revenge!, where they were some of the Pokémon at a Poké Mart near Castelia City.
21. A Tepig appeared in A Maractus Musical!.
22. A Tepig appeared in Meloetta’s Moonlight Serenade as one of the Pokémon watching Meloetta’s concert.
23. A Tepig appeared in a fantasy in Ash and N: A Clash of Ideals!.
24. Five Trainers’ Tepig appeared in A Crowning Moment of Truth!, where they were among the Pokémon attending the Wela Fire Festival.
25. Tepig is Cheren’s starter Pokémon in Be the Best! Pokémon B+W.
26. Ash’s Tepig appeared in White—Victini and Zekrom.