Come By Chance is a town on the isthmus of the Avalon Peninsula in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Take a look below for 5 fun and awesome facts about Come by Chance, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
1. It is in Division 1 on Placentia Bay.
2. Located in this town is Newfoundland’s only oil refinery, the Come By Chance Refinery operated by North Atlantic Refining Company, which has a capacity of 115,000 barrels per day (18,300 m3/d).
3. The associated port was Canada’s fifth largest port by cargo tonnage loaded and unloaded in 2011.
4. It handled 27.4 million metric tonnes, of which 23.7 million tonnes was crude petroleum.
5. In February 2018, a group of oil refinery workers split a Canadian lottery winning of $60,000,000.