Aromatisse is a Fairy-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves from Spritzee when traded holding a Sachet. Take a look below for 21 fascinating and amazing facts about Aromatisse.
1. Aromatisse is a bipedal, avian Pokemon.
2. Its body is covered with fluffy purple feathers and around its lower body is an even fluffier mass of pink feathers.
3. There is a black bow on its lower back.
4. It has a white face with a small, curved beak that resembles a mask used by plague doctors or a masquerade mask.
5. Its eyes are black with red sclerae and pupils and full, black lashes.
6. It has feathery ears with yellow centers.
7. Each hand three yellow claws and it has paw-like feet with three toes.
8. Aromatisse can give off a variety of different smells ranging from a pleasant fragrance to an odor so repugnant that it can turn a battle in its favor.
9. Notably, it can chase an opponent to lose the will to fight or sense of smell.
10. In the past, Aromatic Mist was its signature move.
11. Aromatisse is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 462.
12. Aromatisse can be seen as a parallel to Slurpuff. Both are Generation VI Fairy-type Pokémon that are version-exclusives of Pokémon X and Y, with Aromatisse being exclusive to Y, and Slurpuff to X, both have signature Abilities that affect themselves as well as their allies, and both evolve from their base forms when traded holding a certain item.
13. Aromatisse was designed by Saya Tsuruta.
14. Aromatisse has less avian traits than its pre-evolved form, instead having a more humanoid appearance that shares traits with a flamenco dancer and a can-can dancer.
15. It also seems to be related to different kinds of cosmetics: its fluffy body may be based on powder puffs or other cosmetics applicators, while its shape seems to reference different aspects and parts of a perfume bottle.
16. Its perfumes, therapeutic aspects, and avian qualities may indicate that Spritzee and Aromatisse are based on plague doctors, who used various perfumes held in birdlike masks to drown out the scent of the plague and deceased.
17. The fact that it might be based on dancers may also be a reference to the use of the plague doctor’s mask in masquerade balls and carnivals.
18. Aromatisse may be a combination derived from aroma, aromatic, and aromatize.
19. An Aromatisse appeared in Battling with Elegance and a Big Smile!, under the ownership of the reigning Kalos Queen, Aria. It made further appearances in Performing with Fiery Charm!, Tag Team Battle Inspiration!, and Performing a Pathway to the Future!.
21. Aromatisse debuted in Summer of Discovery!, where it was seen on a Pokévision video icon.