Helioptile is a dual-type Electric/Normal Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves into Heliolisk when exposed to a Sun Stone. Take a look below for 25 fun and interesting facts about Helioptile.
1. Helioptile is a bipedal, lizard like Pokemon.
2. It is primarily pale yellow with black paws and tail tip.
3. The top of its head is also black with a triangular yellow marking on its forehead.
4. It has blue eyes, a slightly pointed head, a tapering tail, and three toes on each foot.
5. On either side of its head hangs a pointed, extension with a yellow tip.
6. These can stiffen and expand into a frill.
7. These frills have cells that generate electricity when exposed to sunlight.
8. This allows it to create its own energy and thrive without food in its desert home.
9. Helioptile and its evolved form Heliolisk are the only known Pokémon capable of learning Parabolic Charge in Pokémon Sword and Shield.
10. Helioptile is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 289.
11. No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Helioptile and its evolved form.
12. Helioptile is the only non-Grass-type Pokémon that evolves by using a Sun Stone.
13. Helioptile and its evolved form are the only Pokémon to have three possible Abilities (Dry Skin, Sand Veil, and Solar Power) that gets affected by three different weather conditions (rain, sandstorm, and harsh sunlight, respectively).
14. Helioptile is probably based on frilled-neck lizards, though its frills also resemble those found on secret toad-headed agama.
15. It may also be based on the spotted salamander, a salamander that can photosynthesize. Its ability to learn Surf may be a reference to the common basilisk, a reptile capable of running on water for short distances.
16. Like what its German name suggests, Helioptile may be based on the iguana too. Additionally, it shares few resemblances to the leopard gecko.
17. Helioptile is a combination of ἥλιος helios (Ancient Greek for sun), heliophile (organism attracted to large amounts of sunlight), and reptile.
18. Helioptile debuted in The Journalist from Another Region!, under the ownership of Alexa. It is Alexa’s companion Pokémon and is often seen climbing on her back. Helioptile and Gogoat were the first Generation VI Pokémon to appear in an episode of the anime. It has since made further appearances in Pokémon the Series: Black & White and Pokémon the Series: XY.
19. A Trainer’s Helioptile appeared in The Cave of Trials!. The Trainer purchased a Sun Stone in Geosenge Town to evolve Helioptile into a Heliolisk. This prompted Clemont to reveal that, in the past, he used a Sun Stone to evolve his own Heliolisk, which appeared in Clemont’s Got a Secret!.
20. A Helioptile appeared in Making Friends and Influencing Villains!, where it was among a group of Pokémon that helped befriend a Shiny Phantump.
21. A Helioptile appeared in Lumiose City Pursuit!, Mega-Mega Meowth Madness!, Day Three Blockbusters!, and Battling With a Clean Slate!; and in a flashback in Mega Evolution Special I and Garchomp’s Mega Bond!. It was a resident of Professor Sycamore’s lab.
22. Three Helioptile appeared in The Future Is Now, Thanks to Determination!, where they were among the Electric-type Pokémon being controlled by Team Rocket.
23. A Helioptile appeared in A Fashionable Battle!.
24. A Trainer’s Helioptile appeared in Adventures in Running Errands!.
25. Two Helioptile appeared in Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel, one of which was a resident of the Nebel Plateau.