Pyukumuku is a Water-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon. Take a look below for 30 interesting and awesome facts about Pyukumuku.
1. Pyukumuku is a marina Pokemon with an ovoid, black body.
2. Its face has two beady, pink eyes and a white mouth shaped roughly like a star or Daimonji.
3. This Pokémon is capable of spitting its organs out through its mouth.
4. The white organs can take different shapes, such as a fist.
5. Two lines of three pink spikes run down each side of its back.
6. The middle spike of each line is about twice as long as the others are.
7. A fluffy white puff forms its tail.
8. Pyukumuku tends to find a spot it likes and stay there, even returning to the same spot if moved.
9. Once all the food in its favorite spot has been consumed, it will continue to stay there to the point of starvation.
10. Its body is coated with a viscous fluid that allows it to stay on land for a week without drying out.
11. This fluid is also beneficial to people as a moisturizer.
12. If stepped on, it will expel its fist-like organs and smack the perpetrator.
13. It particularly hates having its mouth or spikes touched.
14. Tourists dislike Pyukumuku due to its appearance and lifestyle and often accidentally step on Pyukumuku.
15. This creates a need for part-time jobs on beaches chucking this Pokémon back into the sea.
16. However, people in Alola have already taken to throwing the Pokémon back to the sea where it can find food when thin.
17. Pyukumuku is the only known Pokémon capable of learning the move Purify.
19. Pyukumuku is the only Pokémon that can learn TMs outside of moves it learns by leveling up that cannot learn Hidden Power, Frustration, or Return.
20. Pyukumuku may be based on a sea cucumber, some species of which expel their Cuvierian tubules (part of the sea cucumber’s respiratory system) to deter would-be predators from eating them. Given its tail and “ears”, it may also be inspired by the sea bunny, a type of sea slug that became popular in Japan in 2015 due to its cute appearance. It may also resemble Wiwaxia, a kind of ancient soft-bodied sea creature.
21. Pyukumuku may be a combination of puke, cucumber, and mucus.
22. A Pyukumuku appeared in A Haunted House for Everyone!, where it was used to try and scare Harper and Sarah at the Pokémon School. Instead, they touched Pyukumuku, who promptly retaliated by punching Rotom.
23. A wild Pyukumuku debuted in Alola to New Adventure!, where it startled Ash underwater when it gave him the thumbs-up.
24. A Trainer’s Pyukumuku appeared in Balloons, Brionne, and Belligerence!.
25. Two Pyukumuku appeared in a flashback in Mission: Total Recall!.
26. A Pyukumuku appeared in Let Sleeping Pokémon Lie!. As Professor Burnet was studying it underwater with Rotom, Ash touched it, only for Pyukumuku to punch him in the face.
27. A Trainer’s Pyukumuku appeared in I Choose Paradise!, where it was among the Pokémon seen at the Pokémon Paradise Resort.
28. A Pyukumuku appeared in the Where Are You Going, Eevee? segment at the end of No Stone Unturned!. A wild Eevee came across it on the beach of Melemele Island and cuddled it, causing it to attack Eevee out of anger. It reappeared in a flashback in We Know Where You’re Going, Eevee!.
29. A Pyukumuku appeared in We Know Where You’re Going, Eevee!.
30. Two Pyukumuku appeared in Battling the Beast Within!, where they were thrown back in the ocean.