Palossand is a dual-type Ghost/Ground Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. It evolves from Sandygast starting at level 42. Take a look below for 24 fun and fascinating facts about Palossand.
1. Palossand is a Pokemon resembling a yellowish sand castle with gray pebbles along the base.
2. It has a square main castle for its body, two round towers for arms, and the top of another round tower with a conical point rising up from the body.
3. A tunnel through the center of the main body creates a mouth.
4. There is a line of five alternating blue and pink seashells over the top of its mouth.
5. The central tower has six windows: three located in the front, one on each side, and one in the back.
6. The two outermost windows in front of the central tower have tiny pebbles in them and appear to act as eyes.
7. The two side towers have crenellations along the top with a ring of windows underneath.
8. Palossand’s main body has crenellations around the central tower.
9. A ring of alternating pink and blue seashells surrounds the central tower just below the point.
10. In the peak of its tower is a red shovel stuck handle-first into the top.
11. Each grain of Palossand’s body has a will of its own.
12. It controls adults to make them build it a sand castle, which provides it a disguise and defense.
13. However, Palossand is able to replenish any sand it loses on its own.
14. The shovel on its head rotates when Palossand searches for prey and is believed to function as a radar.
15. It enjoys the life force of Pokémon and captures small Pokémon by creating a sandy vortex.
16. The bones of its victims are kept beneath it and traces of its victims’ ill will are left wherever Palossand passes.
17. This is said to be the genesis of new Sandygast.
18. As seen in the anime, Palossand can manipulate its size and can grow to the size of a building.
19. Palossand and its pre-evolution are the only known Pokémon capable of learning the move Shore Up.
20. Palossand appears to be based on a sand castle. Its Shiny color variation may be based on black sand.
21. Palossand may be a combination of palace and sand. It may be a pun on pile of sand. It could also derive from palo (Spanish for small shovel) or involve colossal.
22. Palossand debuted in A Shivering Shovel Search!, where it evolved from a Sandygast.
23. A Palossand appeared in Deceiving Appearances!, where they were among the Pokémon seen at Aether Paradise.
24. A Palossand briefly appeared in the Pokémon Masters Animated Trailer, under the ownership of Acerola. Alongside Skyla’s Swanna and Flint’s Infernape, it battled Bettie’s Pikachu, Iris’s Haxorus, and Barry’s Piplup, but the outcome was left unknown.