Absol is a Dark type Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokemon. It can Mega Evolve into Mega Absol using the Absolite. Take a look below for 30 fun and interesting facts about Absol.
1. Absol is a quadruped, mammalian Pokemon with a dark blue to black body covered in white fur.
2. It has a ruff around its neck and chest and a tuft on the top of its head adorned with a single blue-black oval.
3. It has a feline face with almond-shaped, red eyes, a scythe-like tail, and a crescent shaped horn on the side of its head.
4. Its broad feet are equipped with three claws each, and dewclaw-like spikes protrude from the heels of its hind legs and the elbows of its front legs.
5. It walks with a pacing gait like that of a camel.
6. As Mega Absol, its fur is longer overall, and the increased energy coursing through its body makes the fur at the back of its mane stand on end, so that it appears to have wings.
7. The spikes on its heels and elbows grow larger, and the fur in these areas becomes longer as well.
8. Its sickle-shaped horn widens, while an additional, smaller horn appears on the opposite side of its head. Its tail now has a more saw-like shape, and the oval marking on its forehead is now a rounded triangle.
9. Absol lives in the mountains far from civilization, and rarely ventures down from its alpine home.
10. Using its horn, Absol is able to sense even subtle changes in the sky and the land to predict when a disaster will occur, and will try to warn people when one is approaching.
11. This often has the unfortunate effect of Absol itself being blamed for the disaster, notably by the elderly.
12. Mega Absol emits a fearsome aura that has been known to kill fainthearted people from shock.
13. It directs this aura at its opponents by beating its “wings”, which are not capable of flight. However, Absol apparently detests assuming this form, as it normally dislikes fighting in the first place.
14. In Diamond and Pearl, Absol appears on Route 213, which is close to Lake Valor, which was drained by Team Galactic.
15. In Platinum, Absol appears on Mt. Coronet in places that one can first access when heading to the Spear Pillar, before Giratina is released by Team Galactic.
16. In Black and White, Absol can be found at the Giant Chasm, a place where disasters are said to befall Trainers, and Route 13, 13 being known as an unlucky number. Indeed, two years later, the Giant Chasm is where Team Plasma makes its stand.
17. In Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon, Absol can be found in Tapu Village, which was destroyed years earlier by Tapu Bulu.
18. In Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, Absol can be found in the Altru Building and Altru Tower, from which Team Dim Sun plans to take control of all Pokémon in the region.
19. Mega Absol is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 565.
20. Absol was the last answer to the Pokémon Trainer’s Choice.
21. Absol is the only non-Legendary Pokémon featured on the box art for Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire.
22. Absol is most likely based on the Bai Ze of Chinese mythology, whose name literally translates to “white marsh.” It is generally described as a white beast, distinguished by having one or two horns on its head. Considered to be an intelligent beast, Bai Ze is gifted with the ability to understand human speech and the knowledge on the forms and habits of 11,520 types of supernatural creatures in the world. In legend, Bai Ze shared its knowledge to the Yellow Emperor, which was subsequently compiled in a book called Bai Ze Tu. Few of its supposed fragments survive today. In Japan, it is known as the hakutaku. In a related legend, a similar creature known as the kutabe predicted that a plague would sweep through the Toyama Prefecture of Japan. It is also sometimes said to have an extra eye on their head or back, which may be represented by the oval that appears on Absol’s forehead.
23. Absol’s head is modeled after a Taijitu symbol. Absol’s humanized face and feline appearance may also be a homage to the sphinx. Its scythe-shaped tail and horn suggest a resemblance to the Western personified depiction of Death, who is related to destiny and disaster. It may have also been inspired by the black cat superstition. Due to its feline appearance and its mountain habitat, Absol may also draw inspiration from a cougar.
24. Mega Absol’s wings and elongated hair give it the appearance of an angel, with its wings also being reminiscent of Greek portrayals of sphinxes and furthering the connection to sphinxes noted above.
25. Absol may derive from bussō (dangerous). It may also be a combination of ab- (“away from”) and sol (Latin for sun), referring to its Dark-type nature. The latter may also be a reference to a solar eclipse, as many cultures considered a solar eclipse as a sign of end-times or disaster.
26. Absol debuted in Jirachi: Wish Maker. The Disaster Pokémon showed up to take Jirachi back to Forina. However, Absol wasn’t evil, and helped Jirachi once it returned to Forina.
27. Absol made its main series debut in Absol-ute Disaster. The people of a town were blaming Absol for all of the bad things that were happening to their town during the past month. Ash and his friends (along with a boy named Nicky) went out to verify the accusations. They found out that the Absol was actually warning the town about a flood.
28. An Absol appeared in What I Did for Love!, under the ownership of Mollie. It was used in the second round of the Gardenia Town Pokémon Contest, where it battled Brock’s Marshtomp and lost.
29. An Absol debuted in May, We Harley Drew’d Ya!, under the ownership of Drew, who was revealed to have caught and trained it for the Kanto Grand Festival. It was first used in the Appeals Round. Absol appeared again in Thinning the Hoard! and Channeling the Battle Zone!, where it and Flygon were used during a two-on-two Contest Battle against May, who used Combusken and Squirtle. In the end, Drew lost too many points, resulting in May advancing to the next round.
30. Four Absol appeared in Arceus and the Jewel of Life, under the ownership of Damos. In the original timeline set up by the movie, they were used by Damos, who was under Hypnosis, to attack Arceus with Shock Wave. When Ash and his friends traveled to the past to prevent this, Marcus, the one responsible for hypnotizing Damos, managed to use the Absol again to attack Arceus.