Medicham is a dual type Fighting and Psychic Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Meditite starting at level 37. It can Mega Evolve into Mega Medicham using the Medichamite. Take a look below for 28 fun and interesting facts about Medicham.
1. Medicham is a humanoid, bipedal Pokemon that resembles a yoga practitioner.
2. It has a gray body with red and yellow adornments.
3. A red headpiece with three bulb-like extensions covers the upper portion of its head: one on top and one on either side.
4. The bulb on top is short on a female Medicham.
5. Its large, focused eyes are slightly covered by the headpiece, and its red lips seem to be in a rounded or puckered position.
6. Its legs appear to be covered with puffy, red pants that have a large yellow spot on the knees and yellow bands next to the hips.
7. As Mega Medicham, its headpiece now resembles a white turban with a yellow stone in the center. The red extension in the back is retained, and there are five white extensions on the turban, three extending from the stone and one on either side of its head.
8. There is now a gold band on each wrist and additional gold bands around its waist. Several blue, teardrop-shaped decorations hang from the lowest hip band. Using its enhanced willpower, Mega Medicham has formed four ghost-like arms around itself. The more trained its spirit, the more realistic and dexterous its self-created arms become.
9. Through the power of meditation and fasting, Medicham has developed a sixth sense.
10. This allows it to use psychokinetic powers, and it heightens its energy to enhance this sixth sense.
11. It battles with elegant, dance-like movements, which it uses to dodge attacks and launch devastating blows.
12. It only eats once per month.
13. It lives in fields and mountains.
14. It will hide itself by using its powers to blend into its surroundings.
15. Medicham resembles a primate of some sort, like its pre-evolved form. It appears to have been based on a practitioner of yoga. It may have also been based on Arabian belly dancers, as its pants resemble traditional badlah pants and its headgear resembles a shawl. One headpiece growth, the longest one, resembles a ponytail, which can be seen on Persian genies in most American fiction, such as Jeannie of I Dream of Jeannie, who also wear bedlahs. Like its predecessor Meditite, Medicham looks like many Hindu deities, most especially Shiva as well as Ardhanari, a fusion of Shiva and his wife Shakti.
16. Medicham may be a combination of meditate and champion.
17. A Medicham was a member of Team Meanies in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Team Go-Getters Out of the Gate!, similar to the one in the games.
18. Medicham debuted during the Fallarbor Contest, under the ownership of Grace, in Pros and Con Artists and Come What May!.
19. A Medicham appeared in Wheel of Frontier, under the ownership of Greta. It was used during her battle against Ash at the Battle Arena, during which it lost to Snorlax, who used Body Slam on it. It reappeared in a flashback in A Pyramiding Rage!.
20. A Medicham and its pre-evolution were owned by Lizabeth and her family in Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. During the family’s Marina Underwater Pokémon Show, the two Meditation Pokémon would use Psychic to make balls of water retain their form.
21. A Medicham appeared in Sliding Into Seventh!, under the ownership of Candice. It battled against Ash’s Staraptor during a Gym battle, and was defeated by its Brave Bird.
22. A Medicham appeared in the opening sequence of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
23. A Coordinator’s Medicham appeared in Thinning the Hoard.
24. A Medicham appeared in A Marathon Rivalry!, under the ownership of a competitor in the Pokéathlon held in Camellia Town.
25. A Coordinator’s Medicham appeared in Opposites Interact!, where it was participating in the Sinnoh Grand Festival.
26. Three Medicham appeared in Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!.
27. A Medicham appeared in Grooming Furfrou!.
28. A Medicham that can Mega Evolve into Mega Medicham appeared in the opening of Mega Evolution Special I.