Palpitoad is a dual type Water and Ground Pokemon introduced in Generation V. It evolves from Tympole starting at level 25 and evolves into Seismitoad starting at level 36. Take a look below for 21 interesting and awesome facts about Palpitoad.
1. Palpitoad is an amphibious, bipedal Pokemon with an ovoid body.
2. It is mostly blue, with a tan oval marking lined with black stretching from the bottom of its belly to its forehead.
3. Its black eyes are round.
4. Its upper lip is round as well, and curves down sharply at the corners.
5. Inside its mouth is a long, sticky tongue used to immobilize and capture prey.
6. Its feet are small with three toes each, and its tail is oval and white.
7. Three large, half-spheres encircle its head, each one light blue with a black base.
8. There are four round, light blue bumps starting on either side of its lower body and stretching across its back.
9. The bumps on its head can be vibrated to create either waves or earthquakes.
10. Palpitoad and its evolved form share their category with Vibrava. They are all known as the Vibration Pokémon.
11. Palpitoad appears to be a combination of a toad tadpole and a loudspeaker.
12. Its spherical “speakers” were probably inspired by toads’ “warts” and paratoid glands, or the common Surinam toad, an aquatic amphibian whose backs are covered in pockets that hold its eggs.
13. Its Pokédex entry also mentions the fact that it creates vibrations underwater, also like the common Surinam.
14. Palpitoad is a combination of palpitation (pulsation) and toad.
15. A male Palpitoad appeared in Facing Fear with Eyes Wide Open!, when he commanded a group of Tympole to attack Ash’s Oshawott, who was trying to retrieve seaweed to heal his poisoned friends. After they failed scaring Oshawott away, he fought Oshawott alongside a Stunfisk, only for both to be caught by Ash and Cilan, respectively.
16. A male Palpitoad appeared in Battling the King of the Mines!, under the ownership of Clay. He defeated Ash’s Oshawott in a Gym battle, but was defeated by Snivy after she used Attract to infatuate him, and Leaf Storm to knock him out.
17. Two Palpitoad appeared in The One That Didn’t Get Away!, under the ownership of the Hunter D’s crew members. They battled Ash and his Pokémon to prevent him from helping Lana cure a Kyogre of its poison, but were soon defeated.
18. Palpitoad debuted in Ash and Trip’s Third Battle!. Trip attempted to catch the Vibration Pokémon using his Vanillite, but it managed to escape due to Ash’s clumsiness.
19. Multiple Palpitoad appeared in White—Victini and Zekrom and Black—Victini and Reshiram.
20. Multiple Palpitoad appeared in Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice during the Swords of Justice legend.
21. A Palpitoad made a brief appearance in A Surface to Air Tag Battle Team!, where its presence made Cilan think Palpitoad could have been a good Pokémon for Soren and Rocko.