Ninjask is a dual type Bug and Flying Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Nincada starting at level 20. This evolution can trigger the creation of a second Pokemon, Shedinja, when the player has an extra Poke Ball and an extra slot in their party. Take a look below for 28 awesome and interesting facts about Ninjask.
1. Ninjask is a small, cicada-like Pokemon with two pairs of wings.
2. Its body is mostly black with accents of yellow and gray.
3. Most of its head is yellow, but there is a solid band of black between its gleaming red eyes.
4. The band expands into a circular pattern on its forehead, between two pointed crests on the sides of its head.
5. The underside of its head is gray and segmented, making it somewhat resemble a veil.
6. On its back is a patch of black with a stretch of yellow, shaped like an upside down letter Y.
7. Most of its carapace and abdomen is black, but there is a ring of yellow near the tip.
8. Its gray insectoid arms extend from its chest, and usually have their small, yellow claws turned inward.
9. There is a similar pair of back legs.
10. It has large, veined wings with triangular, red tipping.
11. Ninjask is a very fast Pokémon that is said to be able to evade any attack, and was long believed to be invisible due to its high speed.
12. If it is not trained properly, it will refuse to obey its Trainer and cry loudly.
13. Due to this, it is said to put the Trainer’s abilities to the test.
14. Hearing its loud cries for too long induces a headache.
15. It lives in tropical and temperate forests, where it congregates around tree sap to feed.
16. Ninjask has the highest base Speed stat of all Bug-type and Flying-type Pokémon.
17. Ninjask is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 456.
18. Ninjask shares its category with Greninja. They are both known as the Ninja Pokémon.
19. Ninjask may have been based on a fully adult cicada, with the colors resembling a Neotibicen dorsatus. It also has traits in common with ninjas.
20. Ninjask may be a combination of ninja and mask.
21. Two Ninjask debuted in The Princess and the Togepi and A Togepi Mirage, under the ownership of Colonel Hansen. Along with a Shedinja, they were his main Pokémon.
22. A Ninjask appeared in From the Cradle to Save, under the ownership of Evian. He used it as his partner-in-training. It was first used to search for Angela’s Kecleon after she assigned Ash and his friends to search for it. Later, it was captured by Team Rocket, but was freed by Ash’s Grovyle.
23. A Ninjask appeared in Pace – The Final Frontier!, under the ownership of Brandon. It was used against Ash at the Battle Pyramid. Ninjask battled Squirtle but was eventually defeated.
24. Multiple Ninjask appeared in Zoroark: Master of Illusions, under the ownership of Goone. They were used for various tasks, such as capturing and transporting Pokémon to attacking larger Pokémon en masse.
25. A Ninjask appeared in a flashback in Glory Blaze!, where it was revealed to have been caught by Paul at some point during his journey. It physically appeared in A Real Rival Rouser!, where Paul used it during his Full Battle against Ash in the Lily of the Valley Conference. Ninjask faced off against Gliscor before Gliscor was recalled and Infernape was sent out in its place. It eventually lost to Infernape.
26. A Ninjask appeared in That’s Just Swellow as one of the participants of the Crossgate PokéRinger competition.
27. A Ninjask appeared in the opening sequence of Destiny Deoxys.
28. A Ninjask made a cameo in a visualization in Hi Ho Silver Wind!.