Nincada is a dual type Bug and Ground Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves into Ninjask starting at level 20. Additionally, if the player has a spare slot in the party and an extra Poke Ball, a Shedinja will appear in the player’s party when Nincada evolves. An extra Poke Ball is not necessary to obtain Shedinja in Generation III. Take a look below for 21 fun and interesting facts about Nincada.
1. Nincada is a small, whitish, insectoid Pokemon.
2. It has a pointed snout, a thin stripe that dips in a V-shaped pattern between its eyes, and two whisker-like antennae on its face.
3. Its eyes are black with green iris-like rings inside.
4. As it is virtually blind, it uses its antennae to sense its surroundings.
5. On its back is a pair of small, green wings.
6. Its hind legs are white, but the forelegs are brown and have sharp claws.
7. The claws are used to carve the roots of tree and absorb moisture and nutrients.
8. Nincada builds underground nests at the roots of trees in tropical and temperate forests.
9. It can occasionally live up to 10 years underground.
10. It does not like sunlight, so it avoids it.
11. Nincada is nearly blind due living almost entirely underground.
12. It uses it antennae to see instead.
13. Nincada is the only Pokémon that evolves into two Pokémon at once.
14. Nincada is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 266.
15. Nincada is the only Pokémon to have a higher base stat total than its evolution, as it has 30 more base stat points than Shedinja.
16. Nincada appears to be based on a cicada nymph.
17. Nincada is a combination of ninja and cicada.
18. Nincada debuted in A Three Team Scheme. It belonged to a boy named Keanu, who lived in his Secret Base in solitude. It later became a target for one of Team Rocket’s schemes.
19. A Nincada appeared in Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (Part 1), where Kellyn used his Capture Styler on it and had it Dig a pit trap for J’s henchmen to fall in.
20. A Nincada appears in a flashback in A Pokémon Battle Against An Entire Family?!, under the ownership of the Winstrate family.
21. A Nincada belonging to Aqua Admin Shelly appeared in Can I Ninjask You a Question?, where it was given to fellow admin Amber. Amber’s new Pokémon soon evolved into Ninjask, leaving behind a Shedinja, as well.